Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home today, i stopped at the traffic lights...Everything was normal, suddenly, i felt the engine missfire alittle thinking it was starting a regen.
Then a loud clatter and a strong vibration started.....Next thing i know "oil pressure too low" flashes up on the MFD and the whole thing stops.

The workforce that were doing roadworks gave me a push to a layby:thumb: and i called out the AA and when he got here he said the oil level was fine and everything checked out normal. Except.......My engine had seized :nono:

At 133k and full dealer service history, my 407 is dead!
D

J

·
0 Posts
Something failed though to cause that, any idea exactly what failed??

Oh, and which engine... the 1.6 or 2.0??

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No definite idea as to the cause yet as it happened under two hours ago but he suspected oil pump failure. its the 1.6hdi

Im devastated

J

·
0 Posts
So that is another 1.6HDI we've heard about on here that has had it... is it just coincidence, or is there a trend here with the 1.6??

If everything else is OK on the car, you can just swap the engine for another :thumb:

D

·
0 Posts
I'd be interested to see a picture of the oil filter. Can you take it out and have a look?
This has happened for a reason.
Has your turbo ever failed?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the car at 48k and the service history mentions nothing of a new turbo. Ill have a look at the filter when i can & post a pic, its not due for a service for the next 6k either so the oil should be fine.

davidireland, what would/could the turbo have to do with this if you dont mind me asking?

&& has anybody heard of a similar story or experienced the same?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
1.6 failure

I am deeply interested myself, and glad Ive just changed the oil and filter on my 1.6. This is disturbing news and a reminder that I had decided to do shorter mileage on oil changes. Hope your soon back on the road. :eek:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Considering getting shot of the thing. Any ideas how much it would go for? 133k FMDSH, 1yearMOT,6mths tax, no accidents, bumps or big noticable scratches, 06 plate (in my profile picture)

Theres no other non runners on ebay or on the internet that i can find so i havent got a clue on how much im gonna get D:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Dont the turbos go on the 1.6HDis then take the engine with them? Thats what happened to mine before i owned it resulting in a new engine

·
Registered
821 Posts
aww cheer up sterion, its not all that bad. :)

dave, hope this helps:

Turbolader PEUGEOT 1007 206 207 3008 307 308 407 Partner 1,6 HDI 80 KW 109 PS | eBay
MOTOR 1.6 HDI 9HZ Peugeot 308 407 Citroen Volvo Ford | eBay
AT - MOTOR 0 KM PEUGEOT 407 1.6 HDI 9HY (DV6TED4) | eBay

Mind you, thats in germany, so hop on over the channel, get one of these, load it all up, and you'll have you honey running in no time. :) Theres few engines on ebay for 700ish pounds in UK. Its a lovely car and waste to get rid of. :)

J

·
0 Posts
For this sort of money, plus labour to change it, you have really got to be attached to the car, because after you've been through all of the trouble and expense, its sorry to say, but it will probably be worth no more than before it went :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts