Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My May 2019 3008 GTLine is only two years old and less than 20,000 miles.

I have bad wearing in identical but opposite areas on both the drivers and passenger seats. The drivers is worse and is beginning to split. We really look after the car and just don’t expect this to happen on a two year old car.

Has anyone else experienced this on their 3008? Dealer is not forthcoming with help. Photos attached.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I hate to say this but leather never loves jeans or the brass studs that are normally on them either.

I am not saying thats the main cause but mine is 2018 and the seats and leather are still like show room condition even on the drivers seat and im a big guy carrying a good few pounds of weight but still like new, your seats especially the drivers looks like a farmer has owned the car and used it as a daily driver, no offence to any farmers but im sure most will get my meaning.

Sorry I could not offer you more hope on that

·
Registered
117 Posts
I hate to say this but leather never loves jeans or the brass studs that are normally on them either.

I am not saying thats the main cause but mine is 2018 and the seats and leather are still like show room condition even on the drivers seat and im a big guy carrying a good few pounds of weight but still like new, your seats especially the drivers looks like a farmer has owned the car and used it as a daily driver, no offence to any farmers but im sure most will get my meaning.

In addition to this, leather seats should be treated every six to twelve months with a leather conditioning cleaner to maintain their suppleness and good condition. Otherwise the leather dries out and is prone to creasing and splitting.

·
Registered
200 Posts
As it's faux leather, does this still apply? I've never conditioned mine - I'll have to check its condition but I've not noticed any wear and I think it's safe to say I'm a bit lardier than Nate!

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Lardier haha

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’m pretty Lardy too. 😜

I still think it’s worth doing on faux leather. If nothing else, it keeps the “leather” clean and looking like new.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Yeah, you shouldnt be driving this car while wearing jeans.

Also, in addition,

Leather seats don’t like finger nails either, such a farmer finger nails...

My finger nails are always polished and looked after.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help on this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ca't seee any evidence on your photos sugesting that the damage was casued by a pinch or drag..
It seems as if the sides of seat were pressed down by something, for a long time, in a outside condition - heath / moist/ cold..

My brother owns a leather bussiness, faux and real leather, does car seat covers too.

I would expect to see something like this on a car perhups 7 years old, not 2.

Did you buy this car brand new?

I would keep on a preassure on the dealer to get this sorted, otherwise it will cost you problems and money.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It seems to me that the message here is:
If you're a farmer, don't wear jeans - wear a short denim skirt instead.... and have your nails done nicely (perhaps in a matching colour to the car). :whistle:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
It seems to me that the message here is:
If you're a farmer, don't wear jeans - wear a short denim skirt instead.... and have your nails done nicely (perhaps in a matching colour to the car). :whistle:
And wear tights in the winter to keep your legs warm. Stockings and suspenders are much more comfortable in the summer though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Presumably fishnet stockings, to maximise ventilation. I expect they have Peugeot approval too.

Meanwhile, perhaps the OP can visit the dealer and demonstrate the problem, and be treated to the immortal phrase "Never seen that problem before mate". Worth pursuing as a warranty issue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the same problem after winter. My Detalier sayed that this is not leather but some kind of plastic material. My car have 20KKM and is from 2019. I went to dealers and they change whole seat cover under warranty without blinking eyes (next day I had new cover)
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think the give away is in the title "Faux Leather" , Faux leather is made from a plastic base and is then treated with wax, dye or polyurethane to create the colour and texture. The biggest difference between the two is that real leather is truly unique, as no two hides are the same.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had the same problem after winter. My Detalier sayed that this is not leather but some kind of plastic material. My car have 20KKM and is from 2019. I went to dealers and they change whole seat cover under warranty without blinking eyes (next day I had new cover)
View attachment 93512
My brother has 5008 GT Line and I’ve got 3008 GT Hybrid. There is no comparison in leather quality. GT has proper thick leather and GT Line is made from plastic. I tested leather with leather conditioner and my Dads 2015 508 didn’t even absorb the cream. The better the leather the more the conditioner will be absorbed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts