Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I purchased an e208 in May this year. Everything was going smoothly until start of August. Where the car would only charge for say 20 mins then cut out and I’d have to reset the pod point charger and plug it back in (not every time). Then an electric traction light come on, took it to the dealership said it just needed updated.
It’s long winded stick with it.
so results from that were that the update failed and I’d need to get it back in at a later date. Turns out the on board charger was faulty so had to wait 3 weeks for a replacement part. It was meant to be a simple repair and the car would only be in a day.
Im on day 13 now, on board charger was replaced, then their server went down, then Peugeot didn’t get back to them after sending off the report. Now the cooling system won’t bleed, they’ve had feedback off Peugeot what to do but this has failed and now waiting on further instruction from Peugeot.
Just wondering if anyone’s had any similar issues. For me it just seems as the dealership don’t have a clue what’s going on and making up a new excuse every day or maybe the car is actually faulty 🤷‍♀️ Ive read some horror stories of similar situations and the cars in and out the garage. Suppose I’m venting more than asking a question.

·
Registered
160 Posts
This is a new model and it takes time for the dealer techs to familiarise themselves with its systems, a lot of the problems on these cars with be new to them, there may not be comprehensive test plans to follow and they will rely on help from Peugeots technical department to guide them which takes time.
Ultimately if left to their own devices some dealers will be guessing until they fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts