Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I'm new to the forum and just recently placed my order for the Israeli Premium version of the 2017 3008 120 HP Diesel Turbo.
By lurking around on the forum here and all the useful links on the stickies, I understand the the Israeli version has a different navigation system than the european models:
A click on the Nav Button will open the Ituran window, which is a service that tracks your car when stolen. It looks nothing like the onboard multimedia, other GUI/Interface.
There you have different services and Waze for navigation.

At the dealer, I connected the car to my phones wifi hotspot but the ituran software didnt recognize any connection and it looks like the ituran software doesnt communicate with the peugeot software, where i saw that im connected with an IP. The seller said that maybe it will work only with a dedicated SIM for the car.

In addition to this, the nav system will be on the multimedia screen, not on the dashboard behind the steering wheel.

Is here someone who knows if I can use the hotspot for the nav (maybe some israelis here), and if I can somehow have the original navi system that is in the dashboard?

Thanks!

·
Registered
620 Posts
It is likely that you would need more to register the phone/app/service and the car. It becomes a security risk if anyone could just open a door and sync to start tracking your car.. easier with a tracker.. :eek::D

·
Registered
765 Posts
It sounds anything but premium to be honest. Waze is free and is available to anyone with a phone. Peugeot do have a tracking app capability they offer in some regions like france, I don't know if this is the same as ituran. But as the car has gps and a built in sim, it doesn't really need anything else other than the software to enable tracking. To be honest peugeot are likely tracking all cars anyways, they just package up that info as a service so they can charge for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds anything but premium to be honest. Waze is free and is available to anyone with a phone. Peugeot do have a tracking app capability they offer in some regions like france, I don't know if this is the same as ituran. But as the car has gps and a built in sim, it doesn't really need anything else other than the software to enable tracking. To be honest peugeot are likely tracking all cars anyways, they just package up that info as a service so they can charge for it.
I understand what you mean, and I'm sure that the importer here are earning some extras, but it's not about having waze on the phone but to have it on the car, and it's not like you got an app store/play store on the multimedia screen.
Also the sim is certainly worthless here so they sell it separately.
But I guess you're right, when they imported the Kia Sportage to Israel they first took out the multimedia it came with, and then charged extra for it. :(

I guess I need to check local forums :) Thanks!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I understand what you mean, and I'm sure that the importer here are earning some extras, but it's not about having waze on the phone but to have it on the car, and it's not like you got an app store/play store on the multimedia screen.
Also the sim is certainly worthless here so they sell it separately.
But I guess you're right, when they imported the Kia Sportage to Israel they first took out the multimedia it came with, and then charged extra for it. :(

I guess I need to check local forums :) Thanks!
Would be interested to see some pics and here how it all works. It sounds like the car has an android os device as the media unit with waze running as an app, so basically a phone with a big screen. The way these units are going with them looking more and more like ipads it's a wonder they don't just come with an ipad dock and some car specific app you can install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts