Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this a manufacturer weld?

I'm getting ever more suspicious about my recent 307 purchase (from a Ford dealer), and so I was wondering whether anybody here could shed any light on this.

I have a spot welded seam that runs across the boot from passenger side to driver side between the spare wheel recess and the rear seats. I have had a look under the car and can't see any other obvious signs, but wondered whether this is likely to have been the result of accident repair or worse. Or is it a manufacturer's weld?
the car has been in for wheel balancing and wheel alignment more than once and none of the garages have told me there could be an issue related to accident damage/repair so maybe I'm being paranoid.

I've taken some photos so hopefully somebody here with better knowledge than I can provide some guidance?

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
when you upload a picture can you use the attachment option at the bottom, it should resize your picture for the forum. :thumb: will be able to see it then :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, done (photos added).
Now I look at it again it looks quite tidy, so could be OEM but it would still be nice to get some info from you guys.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
If that is after crash repair, then they are some very experienced welders... not very often would you see thing that neat & tidy :thumb:

S

·
0 Posts
If it was indeed crash damage then the previous owners must have been car assembly robots who've fixed it themselves! :p

Nowt to worry about there, same thing on mine :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
painted aswell...got to be from manufacturer.

heres another question what is the point of the random black peice you see in the picture...looks glued down :rolleyes:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Stubbo has got it , the spot welds are looking very original , no repairer would be able to double spot weld at the rear of the boot floor above the axle and they are generally not as pronounced after a repair so in my opinion they are indeed factory spot welds. One thing that is very very difficult to emulate after an accident is factory spot welds.

John , the black thing is a sound deadening pad , its placed above the exhaust to stop exhaust noise reverberating through the body. Applied slightly tacky and then using a heat gun it moulds around the body , again looks factory. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
thanks pete...learn something new everyday...i ripped mine off on my 307 as it was just hanging on by an inch or so of glue. probably the last owner.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If you had noise you could just buy a new one appx £4 and as above lay on and gently heat with a heat gun to stick and mould to the body curves etc Some people use them to hide sh1t repairs in boot area's so if theres any big nasty looking ones about they could be hiding things :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts