Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

Just wondering what would make the forum better for users?

There are quite a number of users regularily online here, so help is never far away.

The forum has FREE membership, so offers even better VALUE.

New users have no limits to the number of posts they can make, and can register and post straight away.

There is a planned restructure of the forum to make it easier to find things, so that will beneft everyone.

So, ideas please, what would improve the forum?

David

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I've noticed in recent weeks we've had next to no spam and a lot more exploded diagrams added to posts, both excellent :thumb:

Hopefully it'll win some new people and a return of the people who left because of spam! (maybe once restructured send an email to all registered members to inform them?)

·
Registered
945 Posts
no doubt it is, but are they all quality posts ??

most of them are like, ya exactly as xyz... to me that is post counting..

despite that, we have quite alot knowledgeable members who share thier experiences and expert advice.

if you insist, we can put a membership fee.. :lol:

Reactions: pugulike

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Free information,

Good conversation,

Pleasent attitude,

Interesting topics,

Every opinion welcomed,

The meaning of the word forum -

"a medium in which the public may debate an issue or express opinions.":forum:

Seems to me , we`re nearly there,

to borrow the motto of A great TEAM,

If you have a problem. If no one else can help.:clap: :clap:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

I know the amount of spam I have zapped over the last few weeks, and I guess the others have too... quite surprising.

What did amaze me was that most of it is posted in SEDANS section - quite why I cannot figure out.

I think the forum has a good mix, as Martin says, with no one (or two) individuals ruling the roost - every one gets along...

With regards to improving the quality of post reply, two things spring to mind.

First, I have personally been involved with the motor trade for years and have a fair breadth of experience over many vehicles and marques. I dont have detailed experience specifically to peugeot. I do try to answer posts from that experience, as the build of cars (think brakes, suspension and a growing amount of electronics etc) is fairly generic and not specific to that marque.

Second, I have tried to post diagrams or some form of illustration if I can, but that takes time, which is not always available.

Martin and I have been discussing writing up some documents (pdf) for download from the forum. I am waiting for Admin response on the idea. I am interested in any thought you may have re should these be publically available, or for members only?

As mentioned before, Google can be our best friend for gaining members, due to the search hits... we are currently the third hit when you search for "peugeot forum", but no where when you look for "peugeot repair" for example - we need to get smarter with tags too - which is down to Admin really.

As an aside, it would be nice if we had a "mods only" section for discussions about forum matters... thoughts?

David

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bettyswollocks said:
Free information,

Good conversation,

Pleasent attitude,

Interesting topics,

Every opinion welcomed,

The meaning of the word forum -

"a medium in which the public may debate an issue or express opinions.":forum:

Seems to me , we`re nearly there,

to borrow the motto of A great TEAM,

If you have a problem. If no one else can help.:clap: :clap:
Roger that Bro. I washed up here after getting tired of another supposed all-sporty-models pug forum, where in reality you were shunned if you didn't own a 205.

I also got tired of the [email protected] they were talking - sure, I love the 205 and it has it's place in motoring history for sure, but to suggest it out handles some of the modern hatchbacks in the range is utter pants. I used to road test and evaluate cars for the Home Office to assess their suitability for emergency services use, so I know whereof I speak.

It gets tiresome when some 17 year old with a 205 so rusty it looks like something the Time Team dug up tells you your shiny new pug is rubbish, so I jumped ship.

I love all pugs, and embrace anyone who feels the same (not literally!!!). No sniggering from me because you happen to like a mundane or otherwise overlooked model - a love of the pug badge is good enough for me.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think most know why im here so I wont mention other sites:rolleyes:.

in my day I was seen as an advanced mechanic so very good with the old stuff but also needed to learn the new stuff and still learning and find it very interesting/pleasing when I crack the dealers codes and navigate through the ECU to fix what they charge way too much for,

my aim it to make things as simple as possible without pulling the wool over peoples wallets/purses and offer FREE advice also doing work as my hobby in my local area for pocket money:thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
as people know i was here from day 1 of owning my 307...with that idea of turning the LEDs blue...i took the plunge, posted photos and helped stubbo i think create a guide on how to do it.

since then im like the plague...wont go away. i dont have a peugeot anymore...but i do own a ford focus which has a PSA engine :lol:

i do try and get on every now and again and help with info that ive gained in the past. and do some moderation, including speaking to admin to get new sections added etc...he's probably sick of me :lol:

but i'll tell you my opinion. im a member on another forum (to do with my focus), and to be honest, all though a good bunch of lads on there only 1 or 2 seem to know and they get stretched too far and leads to posts being un answered. whereas on here, there is plenty of peeps in the know and mosts posts get answered.

anyways about this cross dressing...im not allowed to do it anymore as im not in the RAF. :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is this the best forum?

I am beginning to think not!

I used to be an Omega owner and joined Omegaowners.com . Fabulous forum with lots of help. Every request for help gets at least one answer. Even though I no longer currently have an Omega I still post regularly on the general help section.

On this forum, I have asked a couple of questions and on the last one received 35 hits and no answers. http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/oil-cooler-dw10-engine-23915/

More answers on posted questions would help! maybe as a Vitara owner with a Peugeot DW10 engine I am on the wrong forum. I just thought this would be packed with people able and wanting to post help.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Give people a chance.... its summer/holiday season, and your post has only been there 4 days... just because it may have a Peugeot engine doesn't mean its all Peugeot and people on here are more than likely going to be unsure of advising on it.

Contribute a little more to help others aswell as purely asking for help :nod:

·
Registered
23 Posts
contributions

Fair comment.

When I bought my really overpriced heap of Spanish junk I thought I wouldn't be rolling my sleeves up much apart from regular oil and filter changes. In six months I have had a failed clutch and a failed oil cooler and non working rad fan. Oh and thermostat not working and failed header tank cap.

This is my first diesel, first Peugeot and first manual.

I would and will contribute when I know anything about the car! I have nearly 5000 posts on the Omega forum in five years.

·
12,403 Posts
I am beginning to think not!

On this forum, I have asked a couple of questions and on the last one received 35 hits and no answers. http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/oil-cooler-dw10-engine-23915/
To be honest I saw Suzuki Vitara 2.0 HDi and stopped reading. I've no idea what's happened to warrant a Pug engine in a Suzuki so don't feel qualified to reply.

It would be easy for each and every one of us to read every post and post "no idea" if we didn't know, but what would that solve?

Is this any help:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=dw10+oil+cooler&_sacat=0

·
Registered
215 Posts
I"ve found this forum to be friendly and very helpful, and to date, had no cause to be offended at any stage.

It"s obvious that there are a lot of people here who are big Pug enthusiasts, which helps it even more:thumb:

Big thanks to those involved in the running of it:)

Cliff

1 - 20 of 29 Posts