Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a 2005-model 307 CC driver [Plate number (Dubai E-20780)]. So far, it has done 120,000 KM and has always been serviced in the agency Service Center on time. I deal with my lovely vehicle gently and handle it with extra care, maybe better than the way I handle my own wife.
I’ve been enjoying driving my Peugeot since two year, but suddenly, all the pleasure has gone away! According to the latest service report, I now MUST replace the gearbox with a new one due to some technical problem. It will cost me around AED 25,000!!!
Your Dubai agent, Swaidan Trading, refused to cover my damage under the warranty. They believe that I should pay for it because my car is too old to be covered by warranty!!
Does it sound sane to consider a 2005 car OLD in 2007? Shall all Peugeot drivers get rid of their cars after driving them for 120,000 KM?! Are Peugeot cars really disposable as your agency here says?!
All I need form your side is to look into my case and tell me if it’s fair to pay AED 98,000 for a brand new car in 2005, and AED 25,000 for repairing it after JUST two years.
I really want to walk among people and KEEP THE GOOD IMAGE OF your car as it is.
Can you help out please?!!

Regards
+971504830685
[email protected]

·
Registered
862 Posts
mahdhamdan said:
I’m a 2005-model 307 CC driver [Plate number (Dubai E-20780)]. So far, it has done 120,000 KM and has always been serviced in the agency Service Center on time. I deal with my lovely vehicle gently and handle it with extra care, maybe better than the way I handle my own wife.
I’ve been enjoying driving my Peugeot since two year, but suddenly, all the pleasure has gone away! According to the latest service report, I now MUST replace the gearbox with a new one due to some technical problem. It will cost me around AED 25,000!!!
Your Dubai agent, Swaidan Trading, refused to cover my damage under the warranty. They believe that I should pay for it because my car is too old to be covered by warranty!!
Does it sound sane to consider a 2005 car OLD in 2007? Shall all Peugeot drivers get rid of their cars after driving them for 120,000 KM?! Are Peugeot cars really disposable as your agency here says?!
All I need form your side is to look into my case and tell me if it’s fair to pay AED 98,000 for a brand new car in 2005, and AED 25,000 for repairing it after JUST two years.
I really want to walk among people and KEEP THE GOOD IMAGE OF your car as it is.
Can you help out please?!!

Regards
+971504830685
[email protected]

I would fully expect peugeot to replace this under warranty,there is no way a 2 year old car should need a new gearbox already. Contact PSA http://www.psa-peugeot-citroen.com/en/fonctionnelle/contact.php
And let them know your not happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts