Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Hopefully it's an easy answer. I was under the van (Partner 1300cc 2002 model) tightening up the exhaust, and spotted a hole where a bolt should be. it's not the one that holds the exhaust up. It also looks like it's recently fallen out as it's still quite clean on the thread.
The photo is taken pointing towards the passenger side front wheel, from the driver side front wheel.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
5,973 Posts
Were you tightening the exhaust as it has been replaced ?

It could be that pattern exhaust does not have strap/bracket that may have been on the original OEM exhaust which bolted to that boss

·
Registered
14,888 Posts
Curiosity got the better of me I can confirm it is for the bottom mount on a saxo or 106 google some images and you will see

Your box is used in various models over the years yours never had anything in that bolthole.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting... That bolt hole was definitely used recently or there would be crud in it. I've not had it long and don't know it's history but i recon it's had an engine change from one of those other cars you mention. Also the rev counter says it's only doing 3000rpm at 70mph so i guess it used to be a diesel.
Anyway, thanks all round for solving the mystery!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts