Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an abs light showing on the dash and had the car on diagnostic test and errors that showed up are abs solenoid valve relay and control unit!

Where is the solenoid valve?

and how to tell if its working or not?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i know the abs unit is in the front left of the engine bay i just mean how do i test it to see if its working before i buy a replacment

·
5,672 Posts
Check multi plug to abs unit, then put on planet and do actuator test to check

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check multi plug to abs unit, then put on planet and do actuator test to check
I don't have planet or know of anyone close to me with it either!

Is there a solenoid valve relay for the abs as the diagnostics says mine is permanent fault?

·
5,672 Posts
I don't have planet or know of anyone close to me with it either!

Is there a solenoid valve relay for the abs as the diagnostics says mine is permanent fault?
No all integrated into abs pump. The only external part you can check are the fuses for the power to pump and connections at multi-plug.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No all integrated into abs pump. The only external part you can check are the fuses for the power to pump and connections at multi-plug.
Okay, cheers. Been finding loads of conflicting info so this sorts it out. If the abs ecu is done in, if I get a replacent will it just be a swap and plug and go type job or will I have to get it coded to the car or something?

·
5,672 Posts
Should be coded to car (basically tell abs unit size of tyres), you maybe lucky that the replacement you get could be same config so no change required, if not you will have wrong speed displayed on speedo and maybe some fault codes listed

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should be coded to car (basically tell abs unit size of tyres), you maybe lucky that the replacement you get could be same config so no change required, if not you will have wrong speed displayed on speedo and maybe some fault codes listed
I'll just have to make sure it's from a 1.4 hdi 307 with stock wheels just to be safe so. Also if my faults, which are abs solenpid valve relay and abs control unit, by changing the entire and unit (pump, ecu etc) should this cure the fault and light on the dash as nothing else showed up in diagnostic?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts