Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Peugeot 308 1.2 Puretech 'Allure' trim EAT8 automatic
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched this forum and the last references to the 'MyPeugeot' app seem to be dated around September/October 2020 so nothing recent. I am wondering if it is worth installing on my Android phone but I thought I would first ask here to get up-to-date comments about what others think about the app.

Those earlier threads implied that it was a good app until it was modified to include Electric vehicles. Comments include "The app is not a lot of use" and "The app is unreliable" but these are 2-years old.

1. Is it any use?
2. Is it reliable?
3. In order to work does it have to be connected to car via Bluetooth?

Thanks.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have had my present 308 just one year from new and will have mentioned the MyPeugeot a few times so surprised you not found mentions.
My Samsung Galaxy is linked to the car for phone calls and I have the App on the phone.
Only thing I have a problem with it is if forgets the journeys once I look at them for first time.
I find it ok on the other functions I use particulary when it tells me there is a s/w update to download for the car and a map update to do for the cars navigation.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. I used the 'Search Community' search box at the top of the forum list for 'MyPeugeot app' but it didn't find anything more recent than 2020. Maybe it only searches for thread 'Titles' containing 'MyPeugeot app' rather than searching the content within the thread?

What I have read about the app tells me that it seems to do a lot of stuff but a lot of it is unneccessary (for me anyway). Re your comment "it tells me there is a s/w update to download for the car and a map update to do for the cars navigation" is interesting though.

Maybe I'll give it a try. I can always uninstall it if I don't like it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided not to install it. Previous comments put me off. Seems an unreliable app as you are discovering. The only thing that interests me is map and touch screen software updates but I can do these manually.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The only thing that interests me is map and touch screen software updates but I can do these manually.
The App does tell me when an update is available, how do you know?
Only problem I have with App is it only give last months Journeys and when I view them they disappear.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My experience over 4 years is that earlier versions of the app were a little unreliable in connecting with the car, but nowadays it seems perfectly robust (- fingers crossed). I find it useful for checking petrol consumption and journey times, and monitoring how much petrol I have left. And of course it has links to software updates etc.
So, I'd say, go for it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@dnpark38 - You ask "The App does tell me when an update is available, how do you know?"

My answer is that I don't know when to check for updates but if I check 3x/year then that is okay for me. It doesn't bother me if I am a little late getting an update. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had my present 308 just one year from new and will have mentioned the MyPeugeot a few times so surprised you not found mentions.
My Samsung Galaxy is linked to the car for phone calls and I have the App on the phone.
Only thing I have a problem with it is if forgets the journeys once I look at them for first time.
I find it ok on the other functions I use particulary when it tells me there is a s/w update to download for the car and a map update to do for the cars navigation.
Once you have looked at your new journey's they then get moved over to total journey's for that month. At the end of the month they get saved to the previous months total

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have searched this forum and the last references to the 'MyPeugeot' app seem to be dated around September/October 2020 so nothing recent. I am wondering if it is worth installing on my Android phone but I thought I would first ask here to get up-to-date comments about what others think about the app.

Those earlier threads implied that it was a good app until it was modified to include Electric vehicles. Comments include "The app is not a lot of use" and "The app is unreliable" but these are 2-years old.

1. Is it any use?
2. Is it reliable?
3. In order to work does it have to be connected to car via Bluetooth?

Thanks.
1. I find it useful as it tells me the fuel usage for anyone trip and a total for the month. You have to manually put in the fuel cost each time you fill up which is quick and easy. Plus it tells you to update the price when you fill up.
2. The Bluetooth connection can be hit or miss but I downloaded an app that forces other Bluetooth apps to connect. I had to do that anyway because my Sony phone is well known for poor Bluetooth. So with that it loads 99% of the time. The other day it did miss a couple of trips because it didn't connect. Oddly the next time it did connect the missing trips came up on the app from two days ago.
3. Yes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts