Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just recently got my 407 coupe and thought I would get the sat nav to work. So I bought a map disc off eBay along with a software disc. So the software is upgraded to 6.61 to use the disc. It technically works but boy is it bordering on useless!! It will find an address and say between 6-8 satellites available but I can set off driving and nothing changes and it has to search for my location again etc. I never expected it to be as good as my phone but I did thing I would be able to use it as a guide. We're they like this when they were new? Does anyone actually use this unit as a sat nav? Any feedback would be greatly received.

Attachments

·
2,262 Posts
Hi ..heres a shot of mine (407swgt) I use it alot ..once I got used to using half a postcode and select the street name..lol updated mine 2 years ago with a free download from site that has many satnav updates(even got the more square peugeot lion as a startup screen shot)I have disabled street names but you get the drift....

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is very nice. Do you still get all climate and messages etc? What model is it please? Easy to install?

·
2,262 Posts
yep..it displays climate/radio /phone/texts when needed..the display was fitted from new...the car ir a 2007 2.0 swgt with all buttons...lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So it turns out it isn't!!! Since owning my car (other than the first 42 minutes) I have always had abs esp issues. I won't drone on about those, but for the first time after three abs sensor changed I no longer have abs errors, and by pure luck I pressed my nav button by accident but decided to leave the nap screen on. After about five mins the Mrs said "it actually knows where we are!" So she put an address in to navigate to and it worked perfect! So you can guess when the penny dropped to me... abs sensor is also known as wheel speed sensor. So yes, my abp issue stopped my nav from working. But I am most annoyed no-one suggested this to me! Shame on you all... (happy nav/no abs error man) I would use emoji but not figured that out yet.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
And shame on you for not using the forum search function, this has been documented several times in the past.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And shame on you for not using the forum search function, this has been documented several times in the past.
I'm all on to send text messages! If I knew how to do emoji I you'd be using that "hanging my head in shame emoji" and trust me, I searched my arse off!!! But I am still learning, very sorry (aforementioned above emoji)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
ok Dodsie, no offence meant. Glad you got it sorted. If you want to add emojis, click on "go advanced" when posting and you will find loads of them!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok Dodsie, no offence meant. Glad you got it sorted. If you want to add emojis, click on "go advanced" when posting and you will find loads of them!
Non taken mate, but thanks for the info. Surely that's what forums are all about, if it wasn't for them (this one) I would still have all my problems/errors, so my post was meant to be tongue in cheek as I don't know how to do emoji.. now looking for go advanced.....

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Just scroll down to the bottom of the page, there's 2 boxes "post quick reply" and "go advanced". Write your normal reply or choose quote then click "go advanced" to add emojis. All the best.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just scroll down to the bottom of the page, there's 2 boxes "post quick reply" and "go advanced" All the best.
Sorry sorry yes I'm stupid. But can I do that on my mobile? I only use my phone but I can't see it. Apologies again, I can fix cars but not use tinterweb righg good. Well i am from yorkshire.....

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Sorry sorry yes I'm stupid. But can I do that on my mobile? I only use my phone but I can't see it. Apologies again, I can fix cars but not use tinterweb righg good. Well i am from yorkshire.....
Sorry, don't know about mobiles. I'm only a softy southerner! Best wishes mate.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Do you have an ABS sensor out?

The unit gets a GPS lock only every couple of minutes and in between uses the rear ABS sensors to update the location.

If (when) you have a broken rear ABS sensor the unit cannot calculate your location properly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have an ABS sensor out?

The unit gets a GPS lock only every couple of minutes and in between uses the rear ABS sensors to update the location.

If (when) you have a broken rear ABS sensor the unit cannot calculate your location properly.
It turns out I had 3 sensors out. Sensors hopefully sorted now but it by accident I put the nav on and realised it now worked!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts