Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I placed an order in Jan 2018 for a Peugeot 5008 SUV with UK Car Discount, an online broker.

At the point of ordering, I was told that the wait would be 12 to 14 weeks - which I was fine with.

It has now been 14 weeks and the broker is telling me that the car won't come for another 2 to 4 weeks and that he doesn't have a clear delivery time from Peugeot. He claims that Peugeot has experienced some delays over the past few months, because of the poor weather.

Has anybody else experienced the same issues? Has anybody ordered a car in January and already received it?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Puegot 5008

I have been waiting since July 2018 for the GT-Line Premium Diesel Automatic in Egyptian Blue and the excuses so far are faulty engines delaying cars .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered my GT 5008 mid January 2019 and was originally told that my expected delivery date was end of June, beginning of July. I wasnt really happy with that date but like the car so went ahead and went away thinking no more about it.
I had contact with my dealer today who told me that the car was built on the 5th March and is awaiting shipping to uk next week and I should be in the car end of March.
I have no idea why this has happened so fast but it’s good news for me and hopefully it means production for everyone else is sped up too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone else waited so long for a vehicle from puegot ?
I ordered a 5008 gt premium line 1.5 Eat8 (UK) on December 20 and I do not have the date of construction of this car until today. The deadline is on April 30, but I know it will be longer. Probably the end of May. Cars as standard are available from car parks or returns, but you must order what is. I ordered FOCAL and I have to wait. First time I ordered August 30 and after 4 months a car arrived but GT Line (not premium) Idiots, everywhere idiots at Peugeot Dealer. I did not pick it up. For a mistake, the dealer will install a towbar for me in a new car for free.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've ordered in January Gt line 1.5 disel automatic, and the dealer said me it may come in April. But i'm not sure the deadline will be corect. They still didnt release it for production!

·
Registered
10 Posts
MY explanation has always been 'overwhelming demand'.

I ordered my GT Line Premium 1.6 Petrol in September 2018. It was finally delivered at beginning of March 2019.

Unfortunately, they ordered the wrong colour! (See separate thread)

If I want to re-order with the correct colour, I am being advised of a 7-8 month wait....
(TWO places have told me this)

·
Registered
12 Posts
i ordered mine a gt line, 1.5d EAT8 emerald green, with towbar, Advanced grip control, smart electric tailgate and peugeot open and go. This has been ordered through a Lease company as a Company car, order was finalised with the dealer mid Oct '18. was initally given delivery date of early Jan '19 this changed to March '19 told due to demand. then it changed to April '19 due to relocation of production line, then delayed to early May '19 again due to prodution delay. cant really work out a 5 month delay on a car due in Jan. unfortunutally i cant contact the dealer direct to try and get updates as a lease car, also cant contact lease company as ordered through a lease broker who wont give the info until just before delivery. over all i find a potential 7 month wait for a new car very bad publcity for a company. my last 2 built to order company cars arrived within 3 months of order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I placed an order or the 1.5 gt line premium auto, just at the start of February this year. The dealer did say there were delays but I would have it by July at the latest. I managed to after a lot of requesting get the the order number and speak to customer services, how have called and spoken to the production team who have given a date of building starting late September with a delivery date in to the new year. I have raised a complaint as this is beyond a joke that’s 11 months for an order.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This really seems like it’s luck as to which model you have ordered to when you get it.
Some have been told excess of 8 months and others get theirs within 4.
I have ordered the GT premium petrol automatic mid Jan and as everyone else has, been told July.
Who knows, may get it sooner or probably won’t.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, I placed an order or the 1.5 gt line premium auto, just at the start of February this year. The dealer did say there were delays but I would have it by July at the latest. I managed to after a lot of requesting get the the order number and speak to customer services, how have called and spoken to the production team who have given a date of building starting late September with a delivery date in to the new year. I have raised a complaint as this is beyond a joke that’s 11 months for an order.

Marco is it possible to get the number please I ordered an allure 1.5 auto diesel Dec 5th and they still can't give me a build date insurance due to run out on current car and I'll be damned if I have to pay £240 pm insurance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I just called 0800 083 3000 and asked to be transferred to a customer service manager who can called the production team

Hope you get better news than me

Marco is it possible to get the number please I ordered an allure 1.5 auto diesel Dec 5th and they still can't give me a build date insurance due to run out on current car and I'll be damned if I have to pay £240 pm insurance[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
78 Posts
New car

Hi folks,
I’ve just ordered a 5008 GT line 2.0 diesel automatic with leather seats and acc + keyless entry. I’ve been told the expected date is the end of June/beginning of July.....
I did ask about the 1.5 auto and was told the build date was December with delivery next year! Which may explain why some are waiting so long.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is 1.5 auto, and i expected to come around 10th of April. It's about 2 and a half months, i think it all about the purchase country.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi folks,
I’ve just ordered a 5008 GT line 2.0 diesel automatic with leather seats and acc + keyless entry. I’ve been told the expected date is the end of June/beginning of July.....
I did ask about the 1.5 auto and was told the build date was December with delivery next year! Which may explain why some are waiting so long.
Take what dealers say with a pinch of salt. Assume the 1.5 is cheaper ?

1 - 20 of 173 Posts