Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
9,521 Posts
I would check wiring to the compressor and then for power at the compressor with engine running and A/C switched on.

If the clutch has failed for some models you can buy a replacement clutch assembly which is a lot cheaper than a new compressor and does not need the system to be degassed to replace

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. What voltage should be showing? There is two connectors on it. Two wire connector goes directly to clutch. The other connector goes to the back of compressor

·
9,521 Posts
The two wires to clutch should be 12V with aircon on and engine running

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem seems to be in that bit of compressor clutch. When disconnected it gives open circuit as expected. When plug back on it is shirt to ground. So is that repairable or should I buy a new clutch assembly? Can it be removed easily

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it turns out that the short is inside the electromagnet in front meaning it needs a whole new clutch or replace the compressor.There is a lot of number on it/ One of them is sd7c16/ Does that sound like a number to search for second-hand part? Seems to be a lot of them on ebay and they all look the same as mine if that number is searched.

·
9,521 Posts
You maybe able to replace just the coil. Its not too bad a job other than access there are a good few general guides on YouTube etc

You need to check numbers etc but to give you an idea this link shows some options on parts.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts