Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've just bought a 307 hdi 2000cc with the 100kw engine. straight away the car was in limp mode with the usual 'Anti polution' warning. I did a test on it today and have some data which im hoping one of you experts maybe able to help me with? The car will only rev to 3000rpm so i have taken the data from idle and max revs.

engine codes:
p0299
p1351
p1429
p2562
p2563
p2565

engine rpm 770 engine rpm 2754
calculated load value 27.5% 18.4%
intake manifold pressure 29.2 inHg 26 inHg
air flow rate (maf) 1.7 lb/min 5.8 lb/min
intake air temp 46 degrees F
coolant temp 116 degrees F
fuel pressure 3896 psi 7998 psi

Any help would be much appreciated folks!!!

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Hi All,

I've just bought a 307 hdi 2000cc with the 100kw engine. straight away the car was in limp mode with the usual 'Anti polution' warning. I did a test on it today and have some data which im hoping one of you experts maybe able to help me with? The car will only rev to 3000rpm so i have taken the data from idle and max revs.

engine codes:
p0299
p1351
p1429
p2562
p2563
p2565

engine rpm 770 engine rpm 2754
calculated load value 27.5% 18.4%
intake manifold pressure 29.2 inHg 26 inHg
air flow rate (maf) 1.7 lb/min 5.8 lb/min
intake air temp 46 degrees F
coolant temp 116 degrees F
fuel pressure 3896 psi 7998 psi

Any help would be much appreciated folks!!!
P1351 IDM input circuit Malfunction/Ignition coil control circuit High voltage
SID 803/EDC16C3 - Pre/Post heating relay circuit. Relay not controlled and glow plugs supplied.

P0299 Generic Turbo / Super Charger Underboost

P1429 Electric air pump Primary failure
EDC15C2 Particulate Differential pressure sensor value. Coherence of the differential pressure when stopped.

P2562 SID 803.Turbo pressure solenoid valve. Valve position too distant in relation to reference value, (repeat value for turbo incorrect)

P2563 SID 803.Turbo pressure solenoid valve. Valve position too distant in relation to reference value, (repeat value for turbo incorrect)

P2565 Generic Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit High

Sounds like a turbo solenoid valve and a DPF problem , easy fixes for a good mechanic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was quick!!! Awesome, dont suppose you have a good source for the solinoid buddy?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a quick thought, i also have a 1.4 hdi 307 sw and a 2.2 hdi c5. could i use the turbo solenoid off one of these cars to see if it fixes the problem or are they specific to each engine type? also, where abouts is it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just looked under the bonnet, is the solenoid valves the two modules bolted on top of each other on the left hand lower section of the engine as you look at the car from the front? If so, does anyone know which one does what. thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
When my DPF was clogged with shit my turbo was throwing up all sorts of fault codes.

After I cleaned the filter out the codes never came back.

Do you have the same problem I wonder?

There is an air intake coupled on to the turbo. There is an orange rubber seal/gasket in the pipe leading directly on to the turbo, if that's missing, broken it also has an influence on your turbo (not a lot but some)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so do you think its worth going for a dpf flush first and see what happens? then perhaps start looking a bit deeper? im wondering whetyer to take the car to kwik fit etc, get them to take it off, ill clean it and get them to put it back on as i have a gravel drive and getting the car in the air can be a bit of a nightmare.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
.....Eerrrrmmm, phoned kwikfit and was informed that the dpf cannot be removed as it is part of the exhaust? and it is integral to the cat? might do it myself. :nono:

·
Registered
176 Posts
In the 2 liter version it is relatively easy to remove the cat and filter your self.

A few points to remember
DO NOT try and remove the steel pipes attached to cat/dpf as they are a nightmare. remove and mark the flexible rubber pipes going to the differential pressure sensor.

Remove the connector from the temperature sensor, DO NOT remove the temperature sensor.

There are pictures somewhere here on the form for the 2.0l version, if not I'll point you in the direction of some.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right, now im confused, ive removed the DPF from the cat and removed it from the car. Its hollow? and so is the smaller side which im guessing is the cat? is this my problem? is it a mod?

·
Registered
176 Posts
post pics if you can.

If your car is a 2.0 l HDi then this video will help. Citroen and Peugeot engines are the same

The DPF is the honeycombed section that the person is cleaning in the video

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sounds like someone previously removed the DPF/cat 'honeycomb' because it was blocked then either didn't update the ECU or did a bad job of updating it so it's still throwing up the anti-pollution fault.

You need someone with Peugeot Planet to check if the additive ECU/DPF is still configured as being present. If it is then it may be easier to remove all traces of it from the ECU configuration rather than spend a fortune on a new DPF/Cat. If you do this you will also need to get the ECU firmware itself checked to see if the DPF has been removed from it. This would involve going to a competent remapper or buying Galetto and downloading the ECU firmware from your car, sending it off to get the DPF part removed, then re-uploading the firmware back to your car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, ive just sent teerak2uk a message asking if this is something he would be interested in, or is it something i could check myself without having to purchase any galletto software?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok, ive just sent teerak2uk a message asking if this is something he would be interested in, or is it something i could check myself without having to purchase any galletto software?
Just edited my post to add the bit about Galetto :)

To do all the work yourself you need access to PP and Galetto and some software to remove the DPF entries from the ECU firmware (such as ecusafe but apparently it doesn't always work correctly on certain cars)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for that buddy,

not really a lot of point taking pics. It literally is empty just like a de-cat pipe, doesnt seem to be any damage to it so im guessing it is a proper straight through system, id like to think that if somebody has gone to all this trouble they would have done it properly? The sensor pipe was still connected and so is the electric sensor, might be worth seeing if it is connected at the engine end?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts