Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Guys.

Last week I was driving & my car just cut out.
I pulled over, went to the passenger side of the vehicle to open the bonnet when I saw some some in the passenger footwell.
I asked my passenger to get out of the car but when we opened the door the wind blew the smoke away so I couldn't see where the smoke came from.
I towed the car home, let the car checked all the fuses in the internal fuse box, done a visual inspection of the fuse box & BIS & everything seem fine.
When I turn the car on the engine light shows & I get an antipollution warning.
The anti pollution warning I think is from a bit of oil I messed on the exhaust manifold when topping up a week ago.
I then went to check the fusebox in the engine.
I wasn't getting power from a few of the fuses & don't have the diagnostic software so I contacted who said I would have to wait a week before they could look at my car.
I then phoned the AA (automobile association of South Africa) to ask them of they know anyone else who has that software & can assist me.
I informed them my car had also gone into econo mode (as my battery most likely dropped below 12 volts) so dashboard instruments & electric windows weren't working.

The AA said it was the ECU which I questioned as I was still getting an anti pollution signal before my car went into econo mode.
They were adamant it was the ECU SO I told them to go ahead & replace it.

Yesterday they told me they need to send my car to Peugeot because they don't have the software to program the ECU. (which they previously told me they do have)
This give me more reason to think that the AA's diagnosis was incorrect.
I have told the AA all old parts back & serial numbers of all new parts on my invoice.

As soon as I get the old ECU back, is there a way to check if it is working or faulty?

·
4,031 Posts
Have a look at 'HDI' tuning web site....he may be able to check and see what circuit failed...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The AA had to send my car to Peugeot to program the ECU.
I asked Peugeot to check the original ECU which they did & found the problem to be a burnt wire & not the ECU.
The AA apologized for the misdiagnosis they made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts