Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4007 didnt come with blue tooth or dvd or an aux socket. very frustrating. As time rolls on has anyone any upto date info on tapping into the unit to make an aux. Ive seen threads on how to take the unit out but nothing that can explain how to make a simple aux feed. The connects2 boxes used to use a CD inputs but im not sure this is going to be so simple.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Easiest way to gain aux input is to buy an adapter lead from ebay which plugs into the aux connector next to the cd changer connector on the back of the head unit. Get the correct one for the head unit - I suspect it will be the same as the RD4 connector. You will more than likely have to get the aux enabled using Planet / Diagbox for it to work.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi,

I added Bluetooth streaming to our 4007 through the AUX input on the MMC (Sat Nav touch screen). It's a little fiddly and the connector cost about £35!

Under the passenger seat there is an open connector, this is where the purchased bypass connector plugs into. You could cut the cables and modify it but that would require removing the seat and knowing what wires go where. Once you've plugged the connector in the AUX shows up on the MMC screen. The last bit is to remove the panel at the rear of the centre console, in here you'll find the Audio Left/Right and Video input connector. I cut this and connected them to the Bluetooth receiver and then tapped in to the 12V to run the receiver.

It works very well as I can now stream music from my phone to the car speakers.

I got most of this info from the Mitsubishi Forum as the 4007 is based on an Outlander so some things are the same.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ribs

Ive read the mitsibushi thread now but Just have a few questions to be sure i can take this on....

Did your screen have even a ghosted greyed out AUX panel before you began or was there nothing visible. As it stands i have no ghost aux showing at all. as if none exists even to be activated. maybe thats normal.

The bypass connector that you bought...from where and what is it known as?

The back centre console. Is it like mine in that there is nothing to show on the outside ( ie no socket) but inside will reveal the connectors?

What is the blue tooth receiver you purchased. Alternatively if i just connected an aux socket to the audio left right i could have an aux cable point ?

thanks for your help

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can't remember if my screen had a dimmed AUX on the screen. The connector was from Mitsubishi, can't find a part no and as I remember it was a special order.

The back panel will have nothing on it but when you pull it away you should see a connector going nowhere. These are the AUX audio/video wires to the headunit.

I'll see if I can find the part no for the bypass connector.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou very much. I think i need to cut back a bit more carpet back to get at the connector but i can see its narrow side on at the moment.

I'll call Mitsibushi for this part and see what they say.

thanks again

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thankyou very much. I think i need to cut back a bit more carpet back to get at the connector but i can see its narrow side on at the moment.

I'll call Mitsibushi for this part and see what they say.

thanks again
Don't forget the connector is under the "passengers" seat not the drivers! (assuming your car is right hand drive)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi
Ive ordered the connector £30.68. Back order so have to wait. Its def passenger side but well hidden under a carper flap.

However whilst i wait I can connect an aux plug. Can you tell me what wires are which on the console end connector.

I have a group of 3 and a group of 2.

The 3 group are black blue and white and the duo are brown and blue.

Could you identify left audio / right audio and common ground ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can see pics thanks.

Ive read some reports thats the blue tooth transmitters are a bit background hissy. Thats always been the case with the fm ones but how is yours direct through aux only.

The pic for connections doesn't tell me what dummy connector wire is audio specific but i've decided its probably the trio as follows ( partly by trying to follow the wiring diagram on mitsubishi site....but im no expert at those.

Blue with silver spot = Audio ground
White = Audio left audio
Black = Audio right audio

therefore the remaining 2 wires are
Brown with silver spot = Video ground
Blue = video feed.

i wont know until harness arrives.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It works

Bought a small aux socket from RS electronics ( actually got 5 for £5 ) drilled a small 5mm hole in arm rest cavity where 12v is and wired up to existing wires as follows...

Blue with silver spot = Audio ground
White = Audio left audio
Black = Audio right audio

Clipped harness onto plug ( had to cut back a bit of carpet to get to it, but you cant see it )

Aux comes up and it all works. Volume is down compared to the music system but i've found its very much dependent on the device you plug into. My old i pod is quieter than iphone 5s. Quality is really good.

Total cost £36.00:thumb:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Glad to hear you got there in the end :thumb:

Don't forget the other cable is for composite video so you could also add another socket (yellow) and get video up on the screen. The problem is you can't have it displaying when driving so isn't really good for kids in the back watching it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for your help on this. Im now onto my next issue which is the drivers door that wont wont lock/unlock with the key! dreading a battery failure and my central locking staying on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts