Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

As topic title says, is it possible to disassemble heater unit to access evaporator on 307 facelift (year 2006)?

I have annoying problem with terrible smell from my A/C. I tried everything to get rid of it, nothing helps.

I'm pretty confident I can take the dash out. I have servicebox documentation and there is a video on the youtube.

But, before I start with this, I would like to know if I can access the evaporator to clean it?

Thanks in advance for replies.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I said, I tried everything, and that includes changing filter, I'm doing it every couple of months, I'm using carbon pollen filter but it does not help.

So, my only solution is to take the dash, I have all the info except about the box with evaporator.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just had mine out today and the box is sealed . No access to the evaporator. It's a complete box replacement for me as my evaporator is leaking gas.
If you just need to clean the outside of the evaporator then it would be possible as there is a large hole which gives access to most of it. You could get a power hose and give the vanes a good blast.

Before you do that however , have you taken out the blower motor and given that a clean. easily accesable from the pax side by removing the glovebox and twisting it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replying. I didn't try with blower motor. But would it not smell bad even when a/c is off? Because when it's off, there is no bad smell. Well, I just need to clean it, so that is good information. Did you take out the table yourself?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes I took it out myself after watching the french youtube video. No problems once the 8 bolts are all removed. You will need a lexia to clear the airbag light when finished, but anyone with a Peugeot or Citroen should have one of these by law.:lol:
It's strange that the smell only comes with the A/C if there aren't any leaks in the system. Where could the smell possibly come from in a sealed system?
As you have to take the above parts anyway when removing the airbox, it would be worth doing them first before the dash.
I didn't drain the water or clamp the hoses, I just took them off at the bulkhead in the engine bay and caught the dribbles and then on the inside rad pipes did the same. maybe a half litre in total.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think we watched the same video. :)

Well, I suspect that evaporator is really dirty and full with bacteria. I used various product which circulate inside and supposedly kills bacteria but it just returns after couple of days.

I have this problem for years and I'm sick of it.

I have SEDRE documentation, and the strange thing is that they don't mention draining coolant or touching it at all, just removing gas from the system.

Maybe because they remove these bolts they don't need to?

Can you tell me, where is this bolt located under the hood, number 2?

What do I have to remove under the hood to reach it? Wipers? Battery?

According to documentation, I have to turn it couple of times, it says like that, supposedly it does not need complete removal.

Also, did you immobilize the COM2000 like on the video?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The bolt at number 2 is what holds the airbox onto the bulkhead.
As I had a gas leak, I didn;t have to drain my A/C.
When you disconnect the pipes at 1 above , the gas will drain once the pipes are pulled out. Or you could push in the valve on the refill port like a car tyre.
If you look at my picture, there is a plastic pipe from the water cooling system which disconnects from the internal radiator/matrix . you will have to catch the water dripping from this when separating.
No I didn't immobilize the comm 2000.
when you take bolt 5 and 4 off above, you can catch the water there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
battery and back part of battery support need to come out. there are 3 bolts. one on the right side vertical strut and 2 on the lower horizontal plate. don't bother removing the horizontal plare that the battery sits on as there is one bolt that needs to be removed from behind the wheel arch liner.

Bolt 2 is between the coolant/rad pipes and the A/C pipes.

Don't touch the wipers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes , turning it a couple of times is enough as it is connected to a rubber expansion washer inside the cabin which when loosened contracts and will allow the airbox to to come off the bulkhead.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you very much for your help. If you don't mind, is there any way I can contact you if I stuck somewhere, like skype or something else? You can PM me with details.

I first have to plan some vacation before I can start. How much time did it take to remove all?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not allowed to pm yet as I don't have 20 posts so here's the info.
Hi there,

It took me about 3 hours to take it out and the same to replace it. but it's a spare car so there was no pressure on me.
I didn't know about just loosening that bolt so I just removed it. when I put it back on, I damaged the thread and had to tap it. Unforseen delays aside, its a one day job. I'd give it 2 if you need the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts