Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peugeot 508sw 2012 allure.
I’ve been having problems with my electric
Handbrake for months and none of the garages can seem to help me fix it. I’ve swapped the handbrake unit twice (from scrap cars) changed multiple other parts and had it in for the day at a reputable auto electrician.
The most common suggested fix is to buy a new handbrake from Peugeot. They are about £1000+ so want to avoid this.

They sell a different spec of the car with a manual handbrake, how easy would it
Be to convert, would all the holes be
There ? . I know the centre console is different but these can be picked up off eBay fairly cheap along with the lever and the cables. What else would I need ?
Has anyone done it ?
Can anyone upload the manual of how the handbrake should work (and how the cables are routed) on the manual handbrake version ?
Thanks
Lester

·
Registered
244 Posts
Try looking at the parts catalog online to compare the set up between electric and manual. What’s the problem with yours btw?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original one got stuck on and wouldn’t release. I didn’t know about the emergency release so ended up cutting the cable off to get it off.
I got 1st used one worked for a little bit then said communication error and various other faults (would work for about 20 mins then stop)
I got 2nd used one this one acts as if it’s on all the time but it isn’t (P) switch is illuminated red (plus all the associated lights on the dash) when calibrating or doing anything with it on diagbox it just winds itself all the way out. Never applies even with actuator test to APPLY it winds out.

I am happy to try another used part but I don’t know if the handbrake is truly the problem.

Apparently all the wiring is ok. Can connection good. Good ground. And car can communicate with it.

Perhaps I’ve just been unlucky with the 2 other handbrakes I’ve brought

·
Registered
424 Posts
Is it possible your e-handbrake button is malfunctioning?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts