Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 407 SW 1.6 HDI

Hello today i was replacing the power steering oil, and i had to remove the loon filter inside the reservoir. It had some broken pieces there (they were all in the bottom).
Does it need it or can i remove it?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
2008 407 SW 1.6 HDI

Hello today i was replacing the power steering oil, and i had to remove the loon filter inside the reservoir. It had some broken pieces there (they were all in the bottom).
Does it need it or can i remove it?

Many Thanks
Why do you think they put it there?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest with you ...I dont know.....unless you you are unlucky something falls there wile you add or replacing the oil.
Any way it should be always closed.
But my question wasn't to ask if it necessary so i could remove it. The thing is, its broken and i dont find any for sale. And i just dont want to buy a new reservoir. But because is a long filter i never saw one like it , i though it could also work like a valve or something.

And if i may say your answer its the kind we can be without. I think you just lost 30 sec of your life saying nothing. I think its rude and its not constructive at all.
But thank you for your input

·
Registered
201 Posts
To be honest with you ...I dont know.....unless you you are unlucky something falls there wile you add or replacing the oil.
Any way it should be always closed.
But my question wasn't to ask if it necessary so i could remove it. The thing is, its broken and i dont find any for sale. And i just dont want to buy a new reservoir. But because is a long filter i never saw one like it , i though it could also work like a valve or something.

And if i may say your answer its the kind we can be without. I think you just lost 30 sec of your life saying nothing. I think its rude and its not constructive at all.
But thank you for your input
Sorry mate
If you dont know you dont know.
The filter is there for a reason. And it needs to be there.
The power steering unit operates with high pressure and very low tolerances and a foreign body how ever small it might be can cause it to fail.
So in short yes it needs to be there

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries....
hmmmm mine is broken on the top side i guess it still can be used....I cant find none for sale

1 - 6 of 6 Posts