Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got the 307 1.6 16v and I looked at the remap and it was about £300 for 9% gain, so my point is, should I even bother to do any performance mods for such little gains?

I know the remap is just one part of it as things like downpipe and better cooling will help but I was just hoping to try and get a bit faster and better mpg since I am going to be doing 200 miles a week.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I had a 1.6 16v diesel and the mpg was high 50's which I thought was pretty decent. I was doing600 miles a week at the time. As for more speed, the car as it is can already exceed the speed limits and reach the 100mph mark so more speed isn't necessarily required.

A remap may give better torque and acceleration which could get the engine to it's most economical range quicker than the stock map though. You would need to do a whole lot of miles for any saving in fuel to pay for the cost of the remap. Even 10mpg increase only equates to a couple of pence per mile saving. At 2p per mile cheaper it would need 50 miles to save £1. If the remap cost £300 then it would take 15,000 miles just to recoup the initial outlay.

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
The 1.6 petrol engine is horrible in terms of tuning potential and your economy will only get worse even peugeot/citroen struggled with it the most powerful one only making 125hp standard in the VTS C2

If your doing big miles sell it and buy a diesel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts