Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really didnt want to leave it much longer but my 307 sw 1.6 hdi 110 is now at 74,000 miles......i have got the car booked in for its cambelt, pulleys and water pump changing next wednesday and they have quoted me 320 for the job, plus tax to the government for the added pleasure, my question is....is this a fair price?

R

·
0 Posts
yep thats a fair to good price for a garage its quite alot of work :thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, just a shame i wont notice any driving difference but my mind will be at ease...

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's within a few pounds of what my wife paid. Cam belt, tensioner, water pump, new coolant, serpentine belt. Don't think pulleys though? Had to get it done, tensioner was on it's last legs.

Sounds a lot but you can breath a sigh of relief we it comes to MOT emmisions test :). Most good garages will inform you of the need to have a good cam belt and get you to sign the disclaimer.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The timing belt is probably 1 of the most important jobs that gets done as most other faults occur gradually over time where as the belt can snap instantly, pretty sure 74k is well within its lifespan but as you say its peace of mind and a reasonable price since the mechanic has to do a bit!
Most garages will just tinker around for that kind of money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts