Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the downsides of waiting forever for my GT is that i'm now seeing a number of 3008's on the road. Now to be fair I ordered this car more on the tech than the look as I think the 3008 is a little bit bland. Sure it's 1000 times better than the old one, but that was one of the ugliest cars on the road.

I sat behind a white basic one yesterday on my way home. I was on my motorbike so had a good high up look at it. Sadly it was the bianca white and must have been an active trim as it had the plastic exhaust trims, and it was a little bit dirty. And frankly it looked quite underwhelming. It didn't seem to have the size presence on the road as some of the other SUV's like the tucson or new tiguan.

I often find that as things become a common site you then can appreciate better whether your initial attraction was just from the novelty or whether you still think it's a good design. The 3008 to me just looks a bit limp and slightly too rounded.

Of course I don't expect most to agree on a forum full of eager buyers. Just wondered if anyone felt the shine wearing off.

Hopefully when mine finally arrives, I will get to relish being inside it, rather than looking at the outside.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think when you get overfamiliar with something you can start to feel a little underwhelmed at its looks. That's why after placing my order I've avoided looking at images of the car- for 3 months I haven't watched video reviews of it either. One passed me last weekend though and I was wowed by its looks!
Btw, I get mine this afternoon and can't wait!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
One of the downsides of waiting forever for my GT is that i'm now seeing a number of 3008's on the road. Now to be fair I ordered this car more on the tech than the look as I think the 3008 is a little bit bland. Sure it's 1000 times better than the old one, but that was one of the ugliest cars on the road.

I sat behind a white basic one yesterday on my way home. I was on my motorbike so had a good high up look at it. Sadly it was the bianca white and must have been an active trim as it had the plastic exhaust trims, and it was a little bit dirty. And frankly it looked quite underwhelming. It didn't seem to have the size presence on the road as some of the other SUV's like the tucson or new tiguan.

I often find that as things become a common site you then can appreciate better whether your initial attraction was just from the novelty or whether you still think it's a good design. The 3008 to me just looks a bit limp and slightly too rounded.

Of course I don't expect most to agree on a forum full of eager buyers. Just wondered if anyone felt the shine wearing off.

Hopefully when mine finally arrives, I will get to relish being inside it, rather than looking at the outside.
Hi Pinkaardvark know what you mean but if you look at the competition/price the 3008 really stands out and if you gave up now you could end up regretting it! In my lifetime I've had so many cars mostly company vehicles and where I suppose I became a little blaise and was going back to a Qashqai, that was until I read the 3008 reviews, watched the videos and took a test drive and like us all, was hooked. It's a pity Peugeot haven't handled the situation a lot better and funnily enough this forum has added to our discontent when we hear of other members situations but nothing can be worse than learning of a possible queue jump!!

I've gone for the Allure but I certainly sympathise with the GT members and hope Dautres gets the schedule in front of Dean Moore and he can come up with some answers.

Hang on in there :thumb:

Bobbyj

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Tiguan design is about as boring as you can get and only the VW badge gives it credence; I even considered buying one until I saw the new 3008. Most people I have spoken to who have seen my car are very impressed with it. Even my brother who drives a new Porsche Macan liked the design and interior finish - he thinks the engines crap though! If you are getting a GT, which is the best looking of the range then I am certain you will enjoy it. The long delivery times are terribly frustrating for all buyers though

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Tiguan design is about as boring as you can get and only the VW badge gives it credence; I even considered buying one until I saw the new 3008. Most people I have spoken to who have seen my car are very impressed with it. Even my brother who drives a new Porsche Macan liked the design and interior finish - he thinks the engines crap though! If you are getting a GT, which is the best looking of the range then I am certain you will enjoy it. The long delivery times are terribly frustrating for all buyers though
No I agree, the tiguan is pretty bland and they look a bit interesting to the eye only because I haven't seen many. The ateca I instantly thought looked cheap the moment I saw one. The tucson though, I really do like the front grill, but the interior of it and the sportage both look a bit cheap korean.

I do also struggle with the fact that the GT is 33k which will get you into a much bigger vehicle or a better brand. I have been tempted to go and order a merc GLC, or Disco Sport just so I can have a new car on the drive lol.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Agree, the shine does wear off after a while with anything new. Mine will be gone within the 3 year PCP, for another new one or something different.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I must admit I was a little underwhelmed when I went to pick mine up having had the long wait and even longer drive to collect it but it is growing on me.

To me the tech is nothing special as I had most of the driving and safety aids on my Focus and in some respects they were a lot better than the 3008’s. The i-Cockpit dash is great but after I had played with it a few times I only tend to use a couple of layouts. The A/C controls are a real pain and need sorting out when Peugeot make an update. The automatic gearbox is fine but is a gimmick for me as it’s my first ever after driving manuals since passing my test.

At the moment I can’t see myself buying a newer model in three years’ time! One thing is certain Peugeot will have to improve their customer service before I buy one of their cars again.

Reactions: Jill

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I agree with you Chris, I'll never buy a Peugeot again, at least until the company sorts itself out, and the dealers are considerably more knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive to customer service. I dread anything going wrong with mine because I wouldn't trust my local Muppet Show to change a light bulb.

·
Banned
127 Posts

Don't be disheartened love I'm sure it will all be fine. There's a danger that you will always be on the lookout for something better, just enjoy the moment and the car and don't go chasing rainbows.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think it all depends on the colour of the car. There is one black GT-Line that is driving around my town. I never ever see it until it has passed me because it is so anonymous in that colour. Once it almost hit me in the side when the 3008 cut a corner, and I looked straight into its headlights without noticing it was a 3008 before I saw the side of it.

·
4,164 Posts
33k quid for a peugeot !! wow
lol....cant wait till next year they will be about 19k or less for a low mileage gt one:thumb:
in 2 years about 15k...
in 3 years 10k....ripe for the picking

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I don't know about the old 3008 being one of the ugliest cars on the road. In my opinion these certainly are up there for the honour of being the ugliest car

Nissan Cube
Citroen C4 Cactus
Yaris Verso
Fiat Multipla
Every BMW Mini
Fiat 500XL

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't know about the old 3008 being one of the ugliest cars on the road. In my opinion these certainly are up there for the honour of being the ugliest car

Nissan Cube
Citroen C4 Cactus
Yaris Verso
Fiat Multipla
Every BMW Mini
Fiat 500XL
I quite like the cactus lol, I even test drove one but thought they were a bit too cheap/small.

Reactions: Jill

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You should visit Norwegian or Danish dealers. I paid £49 000 for my GT-Line :p
I assume that's due to some mahoosive over taxation by the Norwegian government? Maybe they should spend some of that sovereign wealth fund instead of punishing the little guy.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I assume that's due to some mahoosive over taxation by the Norwegian government? Maybe they should spend some of that sovereign wealth fund instead of punishing the little guy.
The base price for the GT-Line with 1,6THP is £36200. £7700 of that is taxes. Add 25% VAT on delivery, wheels and extra equipment before you can drive the car.

Our taxation is why electric cars are so popular in Norway. They have no taxes at all.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.