Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,
Well my clutch has just started slipping in 3rd at 2000 rpm, 4th at 2000rpm and im not sure about 5th. If i go thru the rev range then its fine, but if i hold the revs at 2000rpm then floor it (only way i could describe it) the revs raise about 300rpm until i hit 2500rpm and it sounds like an auto.
I cant get it to slip in any other gear or at any other rev range.
My car is a 2008 2.0hdi saloon with 136 engine, has 51997 miles on it. The car had a towbar as it went into the dealers before i bought it, they removed the towbar, i have put another one on, i tow a caravan about 6 times a year, a bike trailor and also use a cycle carrier. Im a gentle driver, dont wheel spin or do full throttle launches as those days are behind me. I have owned the car around 16months and have put around 18000 miles on it. The flywheel is quiet and there is no other faults with the car.

So should i run it until clutch slips in every gear or until flywheel sounds like a budgie (which ever comes first) or book it in sooner??

Also is it common for the clutch to slip?

·
5,027 Posts
I'm sitting back watching on this one as we all know about my clutch issues :lol:

C

·
0 Posts
Mines been slipping for 3 1/2 years now just don't give it full beans like I use to do.
It's quiet and only slips when driven hard and cars hopefully been replaced later in the year so I'm only going to do the clutch if I have to (cars probably worth more in bits anyway)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well on the way to work this mornin and .............

Its absolutely f'ing fine, not a damn thing wrong with it. Im guessin the car was havin a hissy fit and wanted some attention. So gonna keep an eye on it and see if/when it happens again.
Bloody things!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Very common fault, it bugged the hell out of me as I also tow a caravan and it slipped big time when I did so brought a new clutch kit and dual mass flywheel plus new bolts, got my local garage to change the lot for £225 labour..... The clutch had loads of life left still at 105k, the dual mass flywheel was bowlaxed :nod: feels so much better to drive now... all in with new suspension crows feet I spent £600 which I feel was a good decision as I am keeping the car for a few years then bail out before it goes again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
369 Posts
well on the way to work this mornin and .............

Its absolutely f'ing fine, not a damn thing wrong with it. Im guessin the car was havin a hissy fit and wanted some attention. So gonna keep an eye on it and see if/when it happens again.
Bloody things!!
If it has defiantly stopped slipping the self adjuster on the DMF may have moved allowing a little more travel. Lucky this time :thumb:

But if you do put a clutch in it I would also change the DMF at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts