Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's wrong, innit? I mean, if someone can afford £31,000 for a car powered by a PP3, then why do they need a £5K bung from Her Maj?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Utterly Barmy - they did the same to get yer mota converted to lpg - look what happened there.

As Clarkson said a couple of weeks ago - it cost £8 to recharge the battery on this Nissan Leaf and then it goes 100 miles. You can go further on £8 worth of diesel.

Leccy motors are a gimmic - for folk who like sandels and brown rice - zero emissions my arse.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
doesnt it cost more in terms of emmisions to make the batteries for these vehicles...

clanless - yeah i seen that episode of top gear and i also agree that the way forward is definately hydrogen powered vehicles...but how long will that be before someone finds away to turn them into weapons!!! :eek:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno about the Iron specifically, but the Prius is responsible for more emissions when it lands on the showroom floor than an H2 Hummer from manufacture, through a hundred thousand miles driving, and into scrapping/recycling. Duh.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its about €18,000 for a new battery for a ION!!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
18k!!!!!! sorry im just gonna buy some duracells :lol:

i bet some of your lot will have to be sent for some training on the new electric motors, david.

i went to a resettlement brief at catterick and they asked if the techy lot of us are interested in working at nissan for the new leaf in sunderland...i turned them down as apparently its mundane work and not good pay...so if anyone is interested they are taking on. :thumb:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
18k!!!!!! sorry im just gonna buy some duracells :lol:

i bet some of your lot will have to be sent for some training on the new electric motors, david.

i went to a resettlement brief at catterick and they asked if the techy lot of us are interested in working at nissan for the new leaf in sunderland...i turned them down as apparently its mundane work and not good pay...so if anyone is interested they are taking on. :thumb:
We will. Have to get a new tool set too, insulated stuff to cope with the high voltage. Its some serious stuff.
I've done the 508 E-Hdi training and even that is serious. The capacitor under the wing needs a special tool to ''empty'' it before its touched.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah we have a kill stick for radars...hook that to a ground and touch the other end on the capacitor and any other electronic devices that could hold static or current.

ive been wacked by a capacitor in an old 32" TV...I pretty much callapsed due to lack of muscle control...didnt shite meself unfortunately...would of got the day off instead of "man up" :lol:

i bet with all that new training it will open more doors for some qualifications...way forwards nowadays :thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thread resurrection warning!

Seeing as you can't buy one of these, being lease only, is there any need for a forum for 'owners'?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts