Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

It's nice to find a forum that still works, nowadays most have died.
Keen to learn stuff to maintain and improove my Peugeot 207 from 2009.

IMG_20190822_092033 - Cópia.jpg

Cheers to all :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you muscleriot,

Mine is also on "stand by" ;)
Which equipment yours have? Mine is missing cruise control but already install the stalk and i'm just waiting to buy lexia, need to replace the rearview mirror with auto dimming one too. :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had to spent my time replacing the brake abs system and head gasket on mine, haven't even looked at things like cruise control or auto dimming mirrors!
I will check them out. After I get the air conditioning working, and replace the duct tape holding the breather pipe system together!

I did check my haynes manual concerning removing the inlet manifold for your model and it's a very complex series of steps spread across 2 pages. It's not something you can do lightly or without a manual. There are many tricky steps.

It also stresses how highly engineered the fuel injectors are to very tight specs, and basically says don't touch them unless you have to!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, the injectors i won't touch and the car is running well, just doing some maintenance. Mine is the "Sport" version, already brings wiper and lights auto sensors and bi-zone AC. Just had the bonnet and roof with paint problems but already solved it together with polishing the headlights.
Had alot of luck beacause this one doesn't come with DPF from factory!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I also did a bit of work, by buying 1 L of pure methyl saclicate (winteroil) and going over all the rubber bits on the car including non trim rubbers like boots with a spray bottle to reinvigorate them. I then sealed the rubber with silicon oil spray. I totally recommend this.

The plastics, around the engine bay, are brittle and falling apart, breather tubes etc...people say spreading peanut butter on them is the solution for that!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a really good ideia the winter oil stuff, but i would run away from de peanut butter, at least here with warm weather is a recipe for ant armagedon :D
Also did some cleaning in the engine bay with silicon spray, and managed to break the window switch regulator removing the door panel to change the speakers...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts