Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i wonder if you could shed some light on a problem i have...

When i try and start my car sometimes at a turn of the key it starts straight away and other times randomly it wont start and at every turn of the key it makes a clicking sound, like its coming from the glovebox or engine bay. After several turns of the key it starts straight away.

Im baffled to what the problem could be, i have already changed batteries so its definitely not that and im not sure if it could be the starter motor because it starts, or you think its on its way out what do you think i just can't diagnose it??

·
Registered
20 Posts
firstly grab a circuit tester and connect it to the -ve on the battery, then put it onto the starter large terminal, the bulb should light up as in perminent live, next place it on the small terminal normally 10mm and get someone to turn the key, watch your digits though, when they turn the key the bulb should light up. if it does not then you need to trace why, if it does then it is presumably having the correct feeds, only thing left is earth, now place the connector on the +ve terminal of the battery and put the tester to the earth wire on the starter normally a wire on one of the three starter retaining bolts again this should light, if the bulb light's on all three occasions then it is safe to say your starter is naffed

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
firstly grab a circuit tester and connect it to the -ve on the battery, then put it onto the starter large terminal, the bulb should light up as in perminent live, next place it on the small terminal normally 10mm and get someone to turn the key, watch your digits though, when they turn the key the bulb should light up. if it does not then you need to trace why, if it does then it is presumably having the correct feeds, only thing left is earth, now place the connector on the +ve terminal of the battery and put the tester to the earth wire on the starter normally a wire on one of the three starter retaining bolts again this should light, if the bulb light's on all three occasions then it is safe to say your starter is naffed
Thats a good way to test it out but don't think i have a circuit tester but will see if i can grab one. Whereabouts is the starter motor on a 307 2005 because its sure hard to find?

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh 307 lol. Ok thanks for the links i think i will get one tommorow they are handy to have anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts