Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I purchased a used 2015 Peugeot 308 back in February that is fitted with the standard OEM audio equipment.

What brought me to seek the advice of the experts on this forum is that a couple weeks back I noticed that the front-left speaker started distorting the sound out of the blue while playing music (not loud, mind you), and it was sometimes accompanied by a decrease in volume on just that speaker. Don't know why but it would eventually go back to normal after a few seconds or sometimes a minute but would eventually repeat itself after a variable period of time. Strange. Even stranger is that sometimes a day or more go by without the issue manifesting itself.

Now a day or so ago I noticed that the front-right speaker begun suffering from the same distortion issue but not the decrease in volume weirdness, and I'm yet to see it happen on both speakers at the same time.

I've tried a few times pushing the sound volume up and letting it rip to see if the added stress caused the issues to manifest themselves or at least more frequently so, but no joy. Also, as the only person who ever sits in the car, I don't know if the same issue is affecting any of the rear speakers.

I have NO idea of what might be causing this or even how to go about diagnosing it, and to make it worse, the damn speakers aren't easily accessible and require undoing the door panels, which I'm very hesitant to do as I would simply hate messing up and somehow introducing rattling noises.

What could be causing this and is there an easy way of diagnosing the fault? I won't hesitate to replace the speakers -- not so the HU as it is part of an integrated system -- but I would like to know for sure that there is no alternative.

· Registered
68 Posts
I would start by looking at the connections between the hu and the speakers, especially the wiring inside the rubber ducting between the door and the car. These wires have a nasty habit of breaking on some cars where they get bent & kinked. Best method I think would be resistance test using multimeter between speaker connections.and hu

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.