Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re occurring problem just started again. When I stop, applyingredients breaks and stop, the engine revs from idle to approx 2500 Revesby, 2 or 3 times then goes to idle.
2003 307 90 bhp diesel

Any thoughts

Dave

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nearer to max than min, just a thought, now you mention that, quite frequently the car tells me to stop and temp gauge shows overheating then goes back to normal!
I'm thinking water temperature sensor is confusing the engine management system!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to close this off, months ago I bought a new CTS, but only recently fitted it. I fitted one to another car years ago, it didn't solve any problems, hence I was sceptical about doing it this time. However, I did it, now the temperature gauge works, the car doesn't tell me to stop driving every outing, the glow plug light is only on for a few seconds instead of minutes, the fan doesn't stay on for ages after a run,,,, and, yes the intermittent revving has stopped.
Job well done. Many thanks for the advice and help. I have 1 of 5 peugeot that doesn't have a light on the dash!!! Happy days.
Cheers
Dave,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts