Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1997 306 Diesel Estate has covered 176,00 trouble free miles. Recently whislt driving it suffers an occasional lack of accelaration and it feels like something is holding it back this is accompanied by black smoke from the exhaust.Then within a a minute it accelerates normally and the smoke is gone. It is most noticeable when travelling uphill or after travelling at say 30-40mph for some time and then accelerating in fourth gear. The injectors ahve been tested and I am assured they are fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
intermittant lack of acceleration

FISHER7 said:
My 1997 306 Diesel Estate has covered 176,00 trouble free miles. Recently whislt driving it suffers an occasional lack of accelaration and it feels like something is holding it back this is accompanied by black smoke from the exhaust.Then within a a minute it accelerates normally and the smoke is gone. It is most noticeable when travelling uphill or after travelling at say 30-40mph for some time and then accelerating in fourth gear. The injectors ahve been tested and I am assured they are fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

hi, did you find out what has caused this? as my car is also doing this? plz help!!! mike [email protected]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Black smoke = burnt fuel without air, so it is likely to be something that causes the air valve to close.

I see a lot of air flow sensors being sold so perhaps it is this?

From the good old days of carbs, I know that a loss in vacuum can sometime cause runing problems - particularly on acceleration.

Check flexible hoses for condition, and suspect airflow and vacuum sensors.

I've got a similar problem but it is intermittent loss of power.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Richie_asg1 said:
Black smoke = burnt fuel without air, so it is likely to be something that causes the air valve to close.

I see a lot of air flow sensors being sold so perhaps it is this?

From the good old days of carbs, I know that a loss in vacuum can sometime cause runing problems - particularly on acceleration.

Check flexible hoses for condition, and suspect airflow and vacuum sensors.

I've got a similar problem but it is intermittent loss of power.
The XUD9TE engine doesnt have an air flow sensor. Everything on this engine is mechanically controlled. I'm a bit of a god when it comes to these engines and i would strongly reccomend you change the air filter and fuel filter.

If the problem persists let me know. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts