Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and gals,

When my car is hot (i.e. when the fan comes on), I sometimes get a partial loss of power when accelerating. It's usually when the temp is just under 90 deg C.

The symptoms are as follows:

- When accelerating, the car does accelerate but stutters or chucks along.
- When the car is chucking, there is a noise from the engine compartment akin to the waste gate chatter from an old rally car when they lift off. But in my case this happens under acceleration - which is just plain wrong.

This happens only when the car gets good and warm, and when the fans cool it down again, or I get it out of heavy traffic and the temp drops by even a few deg, it goes away. Strange.

I was thinking it might be the EGR???

Any of you fine people have any ideas as to what it might be?

·
5,071 Posts
firstly what engine is it ?? 1.6 hdi....2.0 hdi or even a petrol

·
5,071 Posts
Sounds like its regenerating.when it happens feel your door mirrors if they heat upits regenerating
yea thats what i was thinking as well BUT only the 1.6 does that"heat the mirrors up" doesnt it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regenerating?? Is this the DPF regen cycle? If so, the guy I bought the car off told me that he'd had the DPF removed over a year ago.

I'll check my door mirrors next time it happens.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
If he has you would know on the 1.6hdi its at the front of the engine and if you have had it into peugeot and they have run an update might have put map back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If he has you would know on the 1.6hdi its at the front of the engine and if you have had it into peugeot and they have run an update might have put map back.
No, it hasn't been back in to Peugeot. So I'm pretty sure any map that was on it is still on it.

I did remove battery power trying to reset a dodgy fuel gauge (which curiously righted itself after a little time). Would that have affected the map? Shouldn't have.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Take a look under bonnet DPF is at the front there is a post on here with a pic joey something shows his differential pressure pipes against his rad.
Is it the silver thing that looks like a small water tank under the heat shield to the left of the turbo (as you look into the engine)? If so, it's still physically present in my car.

J

·
0 Posts
Must vary between the 1.6 and the 2.0 then..... my pressure differential pipes are connected to the instrument on the bulkhead behind the engine.

J

·
0 Posts
Is it the silver thing that looks like a small water tank under the heat shield to the left of the turbo (as you look into the engine)? If so, it's still physically present in my car.
Externally, you might not see any difference with or without it.... most people tend to remove the filter internally, or drill a 2" hole right the way through it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers for the replies lads. I'll do the mirror check tomorrow if it happens and get back to you. If it is in a regen cycle, then I probably need a remap to tell the ECU that I don't have a DPF anymore?

And also, would a faulty regen cycle cause my symptoms? I can't see the connection.

J

·
0 Posts
Might not be a faulty regen cycle, but when it is in the process, the car does sound and perform differently. Mine doesn't accelerate any less, but thats the 2.0 so not too sure how the regen affects the 1.6 acceleration. When in the regen, mine lurches/runs rough when at 1800-2000rpm, but go over 2000rpm and all is fine. This is 'normal' for them :D

J

·
0 Posts
Mine isn't quite like a tank..... more like a throaty boy racer exhaust sound :D ..... noticeable when going through regen and pulling off using 1st and then 2nd gears, sounds deeper burble/rumble :nod:

If not around town, I would hardly know its doing the cycle.... in the past its only due to the mirrors and rear screen coming on and drying them that I know its doing it.... so, touch wood, mine is working as Peugeot designed..... for now :thumb:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Well i had my DPF removed but we had a few problems with it still regenerating now sorted bar that i had additive low come up so i zero it with planet touch wood been fine now for 3 weeks had it remapped as well performance map really pulls well now in 6 gear but i have found that 30mph struggles in 4th before was ok seems like it wants to be driven hard if you know what i mean .
Its ok in 4th like but gets smooth about 38 mph really .

1 - 20 of 43 Posts