Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister has a 2008 Peugeot 207 Urban 1.4 HDI, which has an emissions problem. The car has only covered about 60,000 miles. The VIN is: VF3WC8HZC34292202

On 2 separate occasions now, the check engine light has been illuminated, alongside 'INFO ANTIPOLLUTION' on the centre screen. Listening to the car, it sounds like it's running a bit rougher than usual. I'm not sure if the car has one, but could this be a DPF problem?

I have tried to connect a code reader to the car on multiple occasions, however it doesn't seem to want to connect to the car's ECU. The actual code reader is an Ancel AD410, which is compatible with J1850 PWM, J1850VPW, ISO9141, KWP2000 and CAN OBD2 protocols. Does the 207 use any of these protocols? The Code Reader is receiving power from the car, however it doesn't want to connect.

I also noticed today that the bracket holding on the rear muffler has rusted and snapped. Is this a common problem? I was a bit surprised by this, considering the car's low mileage, and the fact that it was stored in a garage most of it's life.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi there I had a similar fault on my 307 1.6 hdi. It turned out to be the egr valve and maf sensor had given up the ghost. I replaced both and all fault codes gone. I used a Bluetooth OBD2 code reader from eBay and connected it through the app torque on my phone. It's a cheap way to read the codes but it worked and it even lets you delete the codes and other stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts