Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 308CC with the 200THP periodically shows engine faults that seem intermittent in that once cleared they do not return for perhaps a 1000 miles or more.

The faults I have had are
P000b Generic DTC: "B" Camshaft Position Slow Response

and

P0015 Generic DTC: "B" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded

I wonder if these are a result of a faulty sensor unit or symptomatic of perhaps a timing chain problem as this site perhaps suggests

eurocarcare.net/faults.html that lists common faults with citroen renault peugeot fiat and alfa romeo

My thoughts are coloured by a faulty temperature sensor that was eventually replaced as part of a recall.

Any advice welcome!

·
11,968 Posts
If it were me I'd inspect the wiring to the sensor, give the electrical connections a good blast of contact cleaner, maybe remove and inspect the sensor to see if there's any damage.

Depending on the price of the part and the age of the car and mileage, I'd probably replace it as a matter of course.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it were me I'd inspect the wiring to the sensor, give the electrical connections a good blast of contact cleaner, maybe remove and inspect the sensor to see if there's any damage.

Depending on the price of the part and the age of the car and mileage, I'd probably replace it as a matter of course.
Hi Gibbo
Thanks for quick reply.My 308cc is on a 10 plate and has 44000miles.
micksgarage.com lists four Camshaft Position Sensors from £28 (Bosch) through £43 (ERA) and £46 (Meat&Doria)to £62 (Vema). Any views on these brands?

I presume you are pugdiag.nwex.co.uk if so its a pity you are so far from me, your service sounds worthwhile!

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts