Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PEUGEOT EXPERT Box (VF3A_, VF3U_, VF3X_) 2.0 HDi 120 (120Hp).

Here is my problem, sometimes my van wont start. It turns over at speed but does not fire at all.

There is no telling when this might happen but of late its been every second or third time of trying to start.

In the past when this happened maybe twice a week i would just erase the fault codes with a code reader and it would start, annoying but not a problem,that was until last week.

As usual it wouldnt start but erasing the fault codes would not get it to start, and called the AA out who sent a local garage out to sort the van out.

He didnt plug any diagnostics into the van he just lifted up the bonnet unplugged and re connected a couple of sensors, one on the fuel filter, air in take and two at the bottom of the engine and it started straight away.
We restarted the van 4 or 5 times perfect. drove it to my friends house about 5 minutes away. When i then tried to start the van after an hour it wouldnt start. I redid what the mechanic had done and after about 20 mins got it to start. It started the next morning, drove for 3 hours stopped it then after another 2 hours same again, wouldnt start.

Does anyone have any ideas on the cause of this, could it be a dodgy sensor somewhere? would plugging into diagnostics machine show the way to repair this?

When it starts it drives perfectly no problems at all, as if all were fine but you never know if it will restart.
The battery is new as well.

Please help end this misery.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
A good start would be to actually record the fault codes your getting rather than deleting them this will give you an idea what is actually causing the issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am away from the van for 2 weeks but will post up what fault codes i am getting. I know one was sometimes low voltage but the engine spins over just fine.
Like i say when it starts it drives perfectly so i dont think there is anything physically wrong with it other than faulty sensors!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update,
The van partially redeemed itself for a while but now wont start at all.
As before it turns over fine but just as if there is no fuel.
I have a couple of fault codes now, they are:
P1160
P0562
P1352
P1197.
Any constructive suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
PEUGEOT EXPERT Box (VF3A_, VF3U_, VF3X_) 2.0 HDi 120 (120Hp).

Here is my problem, sometimes my van wont start. It turns over at speed but does not fire at all.

There is no telling when this might happen but of late its been every second or third time of trying to start.

In the past when this happened maybe twice a week i would just erase the fault codes with a code reader and it would start, annoying but not a problem,that was until last week.

As usual it wouldnt start but erasing the fault codes would not get it to start, and called the AA out who sent a local garage out to sort the van out.

He didnt plug any diagnostics into the van he just lifted up the bonnet unplugged and re connected a couple of sensors, one on the fuel filter, air in take and two at the bottom of the engine and it started straight away.
We restarted the van 4 or 5 times perfect. drove it to my friends house about 5 minutes away. When i then tried to start the van after an hour it wouldnt start. I redid what the mechanic had done and after about 20 mins got it to start. It started the next morning, drove for 3 hours stopped it then after another 2 hours same again, wouldnt start.

Does anyone have any ideas on the cause of this, could it be a dodgy sensor somewhere? would plugging into diagnostics machine show the way to repair this?

When it starts it drives perfectly no problems at all, as if all were fine but you never know if it will restart.
The battery is new as well.

Please help end this misery.
Thanks in advance.
Probably fault with the knock sensor on ur injector its call blow back wont show up on computer

·
6,250 Posts
Disconnect the glow plug relay and see what happens. A faulty relay (often due to bad glow plugs) can short one of the ecu power rails which feeds other sensors

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts