Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Have a 2004 307SW and have a annoying misfire, very intermittent! Has been in to various Peugeot garages who have reset everything and cleared faults (do not show warning light) but problem returns after a couple of days. Car otherwise runs well and is a great drive.

Currently in Portugal and the car has been in garage for nearly 2 weeks under investigation. They have been in contact with Peugeot France and have tried various things to cure, and have since found that regeneration happens to often and may be cause of problem. They now intend to replace Regeneration Particle filter and renew oil that serves deisel (mix in engine)? This is going to cost 950 euros!!

Has anyone had similar or knows of problem and cure. Love my car but its costing me money at the moment.

speedykev

·
Registered
862 Posts
speedykev said:
Hi All

Have a 2004 307SW and have a annoying misfire, very intermittent! Has been in to various Peugeot garages who have reset everything and cleared faults (do not show warning light) but problem returns after a couple of days. Car otherwise runs well and is a great drive.

Currently in Portugal and the car has been in garage for nearly 2 weeks under investigation. They have been in contact with Peugeot France and have tried various things to cure, and have since found that regeneration happens to often and may be cause of problem. They now intend to replace Regeneration Particle filter and renew oil that serves deisel (mix in engine)? This is going to cost 950 euros!!

Has anyone had similar or knows of problem and cure. Love my car but its costing me money at the moment.

speedykev
Check the plugs and leads and the coil pack.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
the moose said:
Check the plugs and leads and the coil pack.
That won't help a lot on a diesel.

If the engine is regenerating too often, then the filter should be fairly clean, so don't know why they want to change it. Are they charging you for a new one, or reconditioned? The latter is less than half the price, and should be all you need.
I don't see how a misfire could be caused by this. Sounds more like worn injectors, or ECU related.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brilec said:
That won't help a lot on a diesel.

If the engine is regenerating too often, then the filter should be fairly clean, so don't know why they want to change it. Are they charging you for a new one, or reconditioned? The latter is less than half the price, and should be all you need.
I don't see how a misfire could be caused by this. Sounds more like worn injectors, or ECU related.
Thanks for reply. They have put in a recon, total was still 1000 euros, with all the investigation. Garage were taking advice from Peugeot France!! This has stopped regeneration every 5 mins (seemed like it). All was ok and regenerates less often. Initially everything was fine and no misfire. But the old problem has returned. It would seem better for a while after regeneration, but returns after 100km or so. Any ideas??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts