Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi forum,

I have a 2010 model Peugeot 308 1.6 HDI. I use it to go to my work, which is mostly on highway. I am very careful about fuel consumption, so I mosly drive with cruise control when I am on highway. I set it to 90 km/h and travel together with trucks on the slowest lane. Everything is perfect and I mostly see between 2.8 - 3.8 lt/100km. on the trip computer.

The issue occurs if I, for example, drop my kid to his kindergarten, which is something like 5 kilometer extra trip inside of the city and some traffic lights. So, I again directly take the highway after dropping my kid. In this case, at the just beginning of my highway trip, when I set the cruise control to again 90 km/h as I do every working day, trip computers reads almost double (5.7 - 6.5 lt./100 km.), which never occurs if I take highway directly without this extra 5 km. So, something happens if I do inner city trip. Whenever I see such reading, I rev up the car or drive faster with higher rpm. Then after about 30 sec. of driving, it goes back to normal.

I don't consider this as a big problem but I just wanted to know the reason behind.

Thanks for reading.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts