Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I have got a Peugeot 407 sport 2.0 HDI 2006.High mileage
129K but in perfect nick and a full service history. It has an occasional problem with rough idle and occasional flat spots and poor mpg (mixture of mways and A roads, but mostly mways) 36mpg !
I recently bought a Planet and got the following information from it.
Showing three faults:
Intermittent Fault. Injection system supply relay circuit (1 stage). Opening too rapid or relay jammed when the engine is switched off.

Intermittent Fault. Fuel Pressure Regulator Control. Rail Pressure too high.

Intermittent Fault. Fuel Pressure Signal. Rail pressure coherence.
First Peugeot/Diesel ive ever owned and not too familiar with them. Do the three faults point to one particular component or could it be a number of things.

Ta
Jeff

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Need a Quote For Work

I have just bought a cam kit inc water pump for 407 2.0 HDI and I would like a quote from anyone in the Lancashire Area (close to Chorley as possible) to fit them.... for beer tokens.....or proper invoice ;)

Jeff

D

·
0 Posts
When was the fuel filter changed last. Partially blocked filter will cause the fuel pressure faults. The other relay faults are in all of them and don't cause problems.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi David Thank-you for your reply. The car had a major service by the previous owner (Got the Invoice) 2k mile ago and it included a change of fuel filter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Cab
Thanks for the reply. It misfires on idle but not all the time. When you pull away from stationary the throttle seems slow to respond...and sometimes when you acclerate hard you get a flat spot and then it kicks in

C

·
0 Posts
Search egr blanking in the 407 section of the forum.

As you've got planet I'd try disconnecting the wiring on the egr when the engine isn't running then go for a drive to see if it makes a difference. It'll throw up a fault but you can clear it later with planet.
Worth a try and it won't cost a penny.

C

·
0 Posts
Hi Cab.

Tried as you suggested and it drove a lot better. You think the egr needs cleaning or replacing.

Jeff
Hi Jeff

I had similar issues low mpg stutter etc. I serviced it including fuel filter, Stopped using Morrisons Diesel in favour of Asda's then bought one of these
EGR VALVE BLANKING / BLOCK OFF PLATE PEUGEOT 2.0 HDI 307 308 407 3008 5008 607 | eBay

Fitted in under 2 mins just loosen bolts on pipe slide plate in then tighten it up again now returning more like 40mpg better idling more responsive etc etc :thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
If you've planet and it ain't showing any faults on the egr then I suspect it's ok.
The 2ltr engines seem to get to a point age/miles that a hesitation creeps in and blanking seems to sort it out.

If it ain't showing as faulty leave alone and save some cash:thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pp2000

Just been reading in the Forums about Planet update downloads. I was wondering if there would be any benefit in updating mine ver 21.14 I have a Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI 2006.
Am I missing any important options/tools.Etc

Ta
Jeff

C

·
0 Posts
Shouldn't throw any warnings up as long as egr isn't faulty, mines been on nearly a year now and all fine.

If planet reads all ecu's fine then leave as is, nothing to be gained by updating apart from reading newer cars.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts