Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like it's my turn :nono:

Mid range and mid speed mostly, I am getting sudden judders of complete loss of combustion.

Not long enough to cause any lights to come on. It's as if the ECU doesn't see the problem.

Last time this happened, it was the coilpack, closely followed by it killing the ECU. I fitted a 2n'd hand coilpack, and recon ECU.

Any way to test the coilpack? or other suggestions?

Don't think it's fuel related (newish filter)
Don't think it's throtle sensor (no change when moved)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be, is pretty old and due replacement due to general corrosion.

Would it cause ignition to hang up?
I presume it's the 02 sensor behind the cat. Wouln't that cause an engine fault light ?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
to be quite honest mine didn`t through up any faults but when we took of the cat the inside was coming away from the sides and pretty clogged up , the answer my cat is now just a hollow pipe , battered the insides out .:gym:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do the "De-cat" boys get on with MOT's? Or is there a lot of swapping going on - wth the prized cat sitting over the mantlepiece most of the year?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The saga continues......

Replaced O2 sensor...... Same problems

Replaced coilpack....... Same symptoms.

I might have traced the problem a little -
Only happens when warm.
Only occours at higher end of revs - intermittent.
No engine lights or warnings.
it actually feels like the car is braking - not like it is coasting or run out of fuel, but like the engine is operating under vacuum conditions ? - Speed is unaffected if I dip the clutch or out of gear.

Very intermittent - maybe 5 times over 10 miles.

Other - maybe unrelated problems -
OS rear handbrake - sometimes sticks first thing in the morning - only once when left overnight - never at other times.
ABS light sometimes comes on - intermittent fault as well. Interesting as I don't have ABS - where is it getting a signal ? ECU is a replacement - maybe from a model that had ABS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts