Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good evening guys, been reading the forums for a while and alot of nice info so i thought that i might see if there is a solution or ideas to my problems, i have heard of another person with the same symptoms, but they couldnt get the solution from the garage that dealt with it.

I have a 307 SW 1.4 Petrol, 01 plate. serviced 2 month ago.

intrmittent fault:
when slowing down to junctions and depessing clutch, sometimes the car will stall and cut out. however it does start straight back up again and runs fine.
although sometimes i see the rev counter dip really low to the point of cutting out, but it bounces back up to the idle mark.

since buying the car, and even under warranty and several trips to the dealer this first problem could not be solved, ive just learned to live with it.

more recently in the last month or so i have been getting the following:
while driving the 'airbag fault' light appears on the console and message on display, following that the car then starts to lose power and start to 'judder' and by all account feels like its just stammering along.
now, this can and sometimes is also followed by the ECM light coming on accompanied with the above message, and also antipollution fault, catalytic converter fault.
in the above state the car does make it home, barely.

this said, the car will operate without warnings, after say half an hour.

the car has been to a couple of the local peugot dealership/garages, and they cannot find a fault as the computer reports no errors.

all i get told is that if it happens again bring it in, but as soon as the car starts again, the problem does not show.

now heres the thing, i dont know if its by coincidence or not, but this all started about 20 minutes after putting petrol in my car, from a local station that i dont use normally.

any advice would be greatly appreciated, as its driving me nuts (pardon the pun)

thx

Darren

·
Registered
862 Posts
DarrenMcBain said:
good evening guys, been reading the forums for a while and alot of nice info so i thought that i might see if there is a solution or ideas to my problems, i have heard of another person with the same symptoms, but they couldnt get the solution from the garage that dealt with it.

I have a 307 SW 1.4 Petrol, 01 plate. serviced 2 month ago.

intrmittent fault:
when slowing down to junctions and depessing clutch, sometimes the car will stall and cut out. however it does start straight back up again and runs fine.
although sometimes i see the rev counter dip really low to the point of cutting out, but it bounces back up to the idle mark.

since buying the car, and even under warranty and several trips to the dealer this first problem could not be solved, ive just learned to live with it.

more recently in the last month or so i have been getting the following:
while driving the 'airbag fault' light appears on the console and message on display, following that the car then starts to lose power and start to 'judder' and by all account feels like its just stammering along.
now, this can and sometimes is also followed by the ECM light coming on accompanied with the above message, and also antipollution fault, catalytic converter fault.
in the above state the car does make it home, barely.

this said, the car will operate without warnings, after say half an hour.

the car has been to a couple of the local peugot dealership/garages, and they cannot find a fault as the computer reports no errors.

all i get told is that if it happens again bring it in, but as soon as the car starts again, the problem does not show.

now heres the thing, i dont know if its by coincidence or not, but this all started about 20 minutes after putting petrol in my car, from a local station that i dont use normally.

any advice would be greatly appreciated, as its driving me nuts (pardon the pun)

thx

Darren

The stalling and cutting out could be the idle air controll vale/idle speed controll actuator. or possible vacum leak from the hoses to and from the intake manifold. if the diaognosis light is on then there is a code for the fault. but if you have AA or RAC use them.

As for the rest of the faults is any water getting into the fuse box at all?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts