Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and what the issue was:

Engine light comes on when I go above about 105 km/hr, or if I accelerate hard at around 80 km/hr plus. It seems to only happen after I have been driving for 10-15 minutes or more. The engine light resets itself after the ignition is turned off. It doesn't happen at all when urban driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a puretech petrol 3 cylinder 1.3 l I think.

It's been to one of the peugeot dealers/services in the city and it was coming up as an oil filter issue.

The oil filter had been replaced during its service in late May, so they (I think) redid that work.

Thanks for the replies so far

·
Registered
6 Posts
good chances it's a small rubber parts from the timing belt which block the oil sump or other oil passages.
well known problem with this power unit.
take it for inspection asap.

regards
Eran

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Eran. Would that cause the engine to go into fault mode only at higher speeds you think? What do you think is (physically) happening? (I'm not doubting you by the way, just trying to build up a mental image.

·
Registered
6 Posts
oil starvation under high RPM?
0.3 bar changes are triggering the fault light .
it's only assumption for the time being but its must be taken seriously.
go to dealer service and ask them for sump inspection (oil sump disassembly to look for any small rubber participles)
let's us know what was found.
Eran

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and what the issue was:

Engine light comes on when I go above about 105 km/hr, or if I accelerate hard at around 80 km/hr plus. It seems to only happen after I have been driving for 10-15 minutes or more. The engine light resets itself after the ignition is turned off. It doesn't happen at all when urban driving.
I have exactly the same problem for about 10 months and dealer can't solve it.Every moment different solutions but nothing solved.Peugeot 308 1.5 diesel 2015

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car is at dealers still. I brought the information from the poster above (thank you very much by the way) to the service manager. It was useful as there are very few petrol engines in Ireland, so it hasn't been a prominent issue here.

I'm told that although it's a TSR(?) - known issue - that because I brought it in from UK that Peugeot Ireland won't cover it. Bad form, I think, but there you go...

From reading other posts on the forum (thanks again!) I knew to mention about Peugeot France. Dealer/service is now waiting to hear from them. Takes some time I'm told.

Anyway, that's the story so far. Fingers crossed I get it sorted at no further cost to me...

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
The warranty given by Peugeot is European wide, so it applies wherever you are in Europe.
Well that's what my extended Peugeot warranty booklet tells me, and I assume the original one is the same.
How old is the car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2015 reg. It's apparently a known fault so should be under their recall system. Does that fall under extended warranty?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: finally got the car back last Thursday. Because I imported it from UK, Peugeot Ireland wouldn't pay for it from their fund. To be fair to the garage they pursued Peugeot Europe. There was a further delay because my car wasn't registered. Only once all the admin was done did they order the parts. That took a week. Then 3 days t fix. 3 weeks at least without car but back now. Another fault developed! Different thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts