Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Hope you can help with an an annoying problem i've got.

207 S 1.4 2006 has developed a very annoying wiring fault. Sporadically a warning will come on the centre dash with a warning of faulty light (as if when a bulb has gone). Could be foglight, reverse light, indicator or any other. Warning beeps and comes on then goes off straight away. Repeats many times during a journey, very annoying!! Have checked all bulbs and they're all fine. Is this likely to be the start of a slow electronic death of the car or potentially an easy fix?

Another less annoying fault is the rear wiper works but the washer doesn't. Front washer works fine and I assume they run off the same pump? Could be a blockage in the line somewhere but can't see any leaks (haven't checked behind any panels). Any common spots that could cause a blockage?

It's done 130,000 miles and the clutch went mid-January which was replaced and caused the reverse switch to break which was replaced after. The above issues started around this time but not sure they're connected.

Any advice/suggestions would be great! Looking to sell on soon so don't want to spend much time/money trying to isolate and resolve if possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
With regards to the rear washer, I might have a solution.

Peugeot have been lazy/cheap by integrating the washer nozzle into the high level brake light. This is flawed. On my relatives car, it keeps on blocking up.

If you can hear the motor working when you activate the rear wash, and you have checked the other obvious possibilities, read on.

To unblock it, take out the high level brake light. To do this, open the tailgate. Look in the tailgate frame, behind where the brake light sits. You should see 2 plastic prongs. Push these 2 prongs out with your fingers.

Push the tailgate down so you can see the brake light. Disconnect the electrical connector and rubber washer pipe from the high level brake pipe. If the washer pipe is stuck on, a trick is to heat it up with a lighter for a second or two. It should now pull off.

Take the brake light to a table. You will see plastic tabs where the red reflector clips onto the bulb housing. Carefully undo all the tabs and remove the red reflector. You should now be able to clean out the sludge which is blocking the rear washer nozzle.

Whilst you have all this removed , it would be a good chance to replace any of the W5W 501 wedge style bulbs which have blown in the high level brake light.

Reassembly is the reverse of removal. Failing this, the internals of the motor may be failing and you'll need a new motor. Even though you can hear the motor, this is a possibility

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts