Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, had a 407SW 2008 for about 9 months, everything works well aside from an intermittent fault with the air con or fan.

What seems to happen occasionally is when I stop the vehicle and switch off, when I restart there is no blowing cabin fan. Whether that means the aircon unit isn't working as well I don't know. This tends to happen with a hot spell.

It will stay as not working until some random time in the future, longest spell was 48 hours.

It's annoying as without the fan there's no cabin airflow so no demisting and no cooling or heating.

Have checked the large white connector in the passenger footwell and all the fuses are ok.

When the aircon is working it's nice and cold when needed.

Any thoughts on what to check next?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've also switched off the air con from the menu and still no fan working.

Perhaps it's a fan issue and not the air con?

·
Registered
15 Posts
same issue here, both radiator fans are working on my peugeot partner 2000, 2.0 liters, but the in-cabin fans neither heater works, at the start it was on for couple of hours, then off, now it doesnt run at all, fuses checked.. maybe its one of the relays ? im not sure which one i should check... you got any news on yours ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, yes I've got a resolution of sorts.

Finally linked fans not running to a previous period of running their socks off for too long.

Say I forgot to turn off auto demist front screen or had the temp set to 15C for a couple of hours then I had the issue of fans not running for a varied period of time after, maybe 1 hour to 72 hours.

If I set the temp to no lower than 18C then the issue doesn't appear, and hasn't even over the heights of summer. I can live with 18C, I can't live with no fan!

As to why, no idea. Seems to be more related to the work the fans do rather than the air con itself. Air con is still nice and cold when needed. Auto demist sets the fans running full pelt as does having a low temp set on the air con.

All I have to do is remember no lower than 18C for long periods or and all is good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
well the thing is that in my car you can't really say when its 18 or when its 20 for example as its not a digital screen but just an turning handle-thingie with a scale of bars on the right, for hot on top and cold at the bottom ... and anyway in whichever position I will put it, the fan wont start anymore, it used to run more then being off, but was deciding on its on when to do so... and so do you know which relays do i test for that ? and how to check the fan itself ? ( because the radiator fans are not the issue and they are running smooth)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts