Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I pulled into a parking space and my steering went very heavy as if the power steering had failed. I turned the engine off. When I got back in and started the engine the power steering worked as normal until next time I started the car. The steering was really heavy but by stopping the engine and restarting it comes back to normal.
I have checked the fluid level and that is OK.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really strange, I have had no problems since the first 2 occassions above. I am wondering whether it could be a sensor giving false readings occassionally.
I suppose the only thing I can do is wait for it to become a permanent fault.

Worrying though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check the master fuse underneath the tray with normal fuses in the engine bay. You have to remove some screws and lift the fuse tray up. The large brown 70 Amp fuse (correction not 20) on the right hand controls the steering. I had the same problem when I first bought my 2006 model 307. I found the one leg of the fuse arched extensively to the point that it burned the leg in half. It could no longer make proper contact and by replacing it with new the problem has not reoccurred for some year now.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have not had a problem since that first day so am going to leave it and see if the problem comes back. If it does i will check the fuse and pump connexions.

Thanks for your help

Mick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts