Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I need to replace the interior fan, but I can't find a new that i'm shure fits. I only find fans for 407 from 2008 and up, and they have a bit different climate system.
Anyone knows if the new fans fit the old cases?

Best regards

·
7,587 Posts
Servicebox lists two different numbers and based on illustration they are totally different early fan part number should be 6441.S3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thank you.

Servicebox lists two different numbers and based on illustration they are totally different early fan part number should be 6441.S3
No. Heaterbox was completely changed around early 2008.
Heard from the local Peugeot dealer that the fan 6441.S3 was discontinued from September 2020.
Strange thing i`ts not available from other dealers like Autodoc etc.
Guess my only options are to buy a used one, or repair the old one. Maybe its just the coal brushes worn out.

·
7,587 Posts
Same Part No is listed for the Citroen C5 II of the same year.

C5 Blower Fan No this is the wrong one but C5 & C6 does show part no on service box

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, same part number as for Citroen, but nowhere to buy it..
Closed down factory or something?
Should be a lot of cars that need this fan replacement still.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The old climate system was produced by Visteon. In mid-2015, they sold off the entire climate / interior side of the business, which means effectively, no spare parts from them. Not surprised, look at the whole heater flaps issue with the 407, that was ALL Visteon's terrible engiennering.

Surprised no 3rd party manufacturers have started producing spares but I guess the market isn't there as the reliability will be too high.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts