Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a rear view camera fitted , camera is just above rear number plate and screen. Is to right if mirror . now oroblem is when rifter is ign on but no engine , picture crystal clear with 8 speed auto gearbix in r but when deisel engine running the interference is terrible . i dont think interference is from reversing sensors as ive turned those if in menu - makes no difference

Ive also got a 2 camera black vue camera and thats fine

Video (sorry for quality im not very good taking videos ) attached

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Is camera a genuine Peugeot item? Either way return to main dealer or ask camera supplier for help. Think the problem likely to be interference from the injectors as they have a higher voltage to make them work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive had a rear view camera fitted , camera is just above rear number plate and screen. Is to right if mirror . now oroblem is when rifter is ign on but no engine , picture crystal clear with 8 speed auto gearbix in r but when deisel engine running the interference is terrible . i dont think interference is from reversing sensors as ive turned those if in menu - makes no difference

I have had this on a couple of friends rear view dashcams and it turned out that you need to fit an in-line suppressor to get rid of the interference completely, if it's a factory item I'm surprised it's not built in to the unit's wiring as standard.

I know it's a very late reply but I've just registered and am probably talking to myself here.:crazy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts