Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've 2019 model 3008 with Focal audio. Recently I've started to get interference noise from speakers when turning the steering wheel even slightly. The noise mainly comes from the passenger's side tweeter, but also couple times from the driver's side tweeter. They only occur while driving. The volume doesn't influence the interference noise. Noise is present around 70% times when driving.

Planning to take the car for the dealer, but I was wondering if anybody else had experienced the same issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

I've 2019 model 3008 with Focal audio. Recently I've started to get interference noise from speakers when turning the steering wheel even slightly. The noise mainly comes from the passenger's side tweeter, but also couple times from the driver's side tweeter. They only occur while driving. The volume doesn't influence the interference noise. Noise is present around 70% times when driving.

Planning to take the car for the dealer, but I was wondering if anybody else had experienced the same issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi
I appreciate that this is a old post but I have just started to have the same problem this week. Did the dealership resolve the issue ?
My dealership say they have not heard of this problem before and I have had to book it in for 3 days so they can strip it down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

The problem hasn’t been fixed yet. There is no noise when the weather is cold (e.g. less than 5 degrees), so now I haven’t heard it for a while. Around last September the dealer changed the Focal amp, but that didn’t resolve the problem. I have had the noise couple of times after that, but I haven’t taken to dealer. I’m planning to take to the dealer once weather warms up and the noise becomes more frequent, so that they can better diagnose the problem.

Link to a video where you can hear the noise. Is it similar that yours? Attached video was also given to the dealer who also sent it apparently to Peugeot as well.

Let me know if the dealer is able to resolve your problem as this noise is really irritating.

- Sébastien

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Could it be interference from the Aircon system as this doesn't operate at temperatures of 4 degrees and below.

·
Administrator
2,778 Posts
Sounds a tricky one.

I had a terrible noise coming out of my speakers last week....my son had borrowed the car and tuned it to Radio 1....

Seriously, I think your right to get it sorted by the dealer.

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had a thrumming bass interference on FM, strangely not on DAB and USB but this was during the summer. I had to turn the bass right down to reduce the annoyance. Anyone else had the same?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

The problem hasn’t been fixed yet. There is no noise when the weather is cold (e.g. less than 5 degrees), so now I haven’t heard it for a while. Around last September the dealer changed the Focal amp, but that didn’t resolve the problem. I have had the noise couple of times after that, but I haven’t taken to dealer. I’m planning to take to the dealer once weather warms up and the noise becomes more frequent, so that they can better diagnose the problem.

Link to a video where you can hear the noise. Is it similar that yours? Attached video was also given to the dealer who also sent it apparently to Peugeot as well.

Let me know if the dealer is able to resolve your problem as this noise is really irritating.

- Sébastien
Hi Seb,

Thanks Seb for your prompt response and video. My issue is definately not temp specific but vibration specific. eg I can open a close door or central locking and it will stop. Therefore it must be a poor connection that is inducing engine noise which produces a whining or clicking sound. Its pitch will vary with engine speed. Most often alternator noise comes from a loose or intermittent ground connection. I was even wondering whether there was a high pass capacitor in line at the tweeter end that had a poor connection / dry joint that could cause this.
I would love to get hold of internal door diagram and speaker wiring guide to see if there is anything obvious.
Worringly the head engineer at my dealership has never heard of this issue before so it is booked in for a 3 day investigation at the end of March with horror stories of maybe stripping out the dash. I will try and post a video later in the week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A BIG HELLO from TAIWAN!!!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing this "naughty" malfunctioning situation.
I’ve been suffering from the same issue literally what you mentioned above for 6 months since reported to the local dealer. It seems to me that they’ve tried so hard to sort it out but in vain. Lucky me, a very kind netizen led me to your posts after some similar cases in Taiwan have gathered till now, we’re in desperate need to get rid of these formidable noises from tweeters and the engine.

My car has been under repair for more than 3 weeks amid great setbacks. Sadly, the determination of malfunctioning components is quite tricky. The head technician said he’s gonna attach your comments on this forum to its technical platform with PEUGEOT in order to get the whole picture and wait for further suggested solutions.

I’m grateful to inform you that we’re so pleased to read your posts while it’s been really frustrating to know the cars have passed all regular checks which showed nothing wrong.
Could you possibly keep me posted if there have been any progress with this issue?

A Very Good Day to you and Happy Driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Hi everyone,

I’ve been suffering from the same issue literally what you mentioned above for 6 months since reported to the local dealer. It seems to me that they’ve tried so hard to sort it out but in vain. Lucky me, a very kind netizen led me to your posts after some similar cases in Taiwan have gathered till now, we’re in desperate need to get rid of these formidable noises from tweeters and the engine.

My car has been under repair for more than 3 weeks amid great setbacks. Sadly, the determination of malfunctioning components is quite tricky. The head technician said he’s gonna attach your comments on this forum to its technical platform with PEUGEOT in order to get the whole picture and wait for further suggested solutions.

I’m grateful to inform you that we’re so pleased to read your posts while it’s been really frustrating to know the cars have passed all regular checks which showed nothing wrong.
Could you possibly keep me posted if there have been any progress with this issue.

Hi Taiwan !! One of best countries I have visited on my business travels..... My car has been at the dealership for this and another issue for over 3 weeks now so I am not overly confident of a fix. However as soon as I know more I will post the outcome and hopefully the resolution to this fault.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Hi everyone,

Could you possibly keep me posted if there have been any progress with this issue?

Hi,

Is your problem exactly the same as I have or more like Deano2163 is having?

I’m still having the issue, but it is less than last year. So far, the dealer has changed the Focal amp and also a new battery (this was because battery didn’t get charged anymore). The only thing that seems to have a correlation is that when the weather is warmer, more likely the interference sound occurs. Also a slight turn of the wheel can impact on the sound. The sound doesn‘t occur at stop.

Switching off AC doesn’t stop the sound, neither turning radio volume down, turning radio off. Also it doesn’t seem to react to engine revs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Taiwan !! One of best countries I have visited on my business travels..... My car has been at the dealership for this and another issue for over 3 weeks now so I am not overly confident of a fix. However as soon as I know more I will post the outcome and hopefully the resolution to this fault.
Many thanks for the your swift response and kind words.

Being aware of the fact that we both observed the activation of central locking can stop the noise really amazed me. What a subtle coincidence!
Having learned about your case, Peugeot Taiwan promised to report these parallel issues between the UK and Taiwan in search for any viable resolution from France. The local dealer attempted to narrow suspicious electric appliances down by disconnection of the dash cam and the tyre pressure monitoring system for the moment.

We were wondering if you could share the list of your additional on-board devices with us to see whether there could be any correlation.

Link to videos that you can see if we are sharing some common nightmares.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Is your problem exactly the same as I have or more like Deano2163 is having?

I’m still having the issue, but it is less than last year. So far, the dealer has changed the Focal amp and also a new battery (this was because battery didn’t get charged anymore). The only thing that seems to have a correlation is that when the weather is warmer, more likely the interference sound occurs. Also a slight turn of the wheel can impact on the sound. The sound doesn‘t occur at stop.

Switching off AC doesn’t stop the sound, neither turning radio volume down, turning radio off. Also it doesn’t seem to react to engine revs.
Hello Seb,

As far as I know, my issue is quite similar to Deano2163’s while there is a Peugeot Fan around have raised the same observation like yours indeed. I feel exhilarated for him just like the moment I was able to know Deano2163. It could be so hard to try to find a light at the end of the tunnel alone.

It must be a step forward to resolve the problems for both of us. I'll keep you updated, too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Seb,

As far as I know, my issue is quite similar to Deano2163’s while there is a Peugeot Fan around have raised the same observation like yours indeed. I feel exhilarated for him just like the moment I was able to know Deano2163. It could be so hard to try to find a light at the end of the tunnel alone.

It must be a step forward to resolve the problems for both of us. I'll keep you updated, too.
Many thanks for the your swift response and kind words.

Being aware of the fact that we both observed the activation of central locking can stop the noise really amazed me. What a subtle coincidence!
Having learned about your case, Peugeot Taiwan promised to report these parallel issues between the UK and Taiwan in search for any viable resolution from France. The local dealer attempted to narrow suspicious electric appliances down by disconnection of the dash cam and the tyre pressure monitoring system for the moment.

We were wondering if you could share the list of your additional on-board devices with us to see whether there could be any correlation.

Link to videos that you can see if we are sharing some common nightmares.
Hi Again
Thanks for the videos. I am so glad that someone else has exactly the same problem because it now means that there is a common issue to be resolved by Peugout. My noise is also coming from the left hand side tweeter such as yours. I will send these videos to the dealer tomorrow and try and get a update of what they have carried out to date.

I am an electrical engineer and alternator whine, as this is called, most often comes from a loose or intermittent ground connection. This would help to explain on why a bump in the road or activating the central locking would start / stop the fault.

I have tried explaining this fact to the head technicians dealing with my car, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. I would love to get my hands on a wiring schematic that would show grounding points especially around the door / tweeter area or showing other power cables nearby.
If I was able to work on my car without affecting the warranty I would start at the Tweeter itself to ensure all connectors were firm / good. I would also replace the tweeter itself as a first step to eliminate the fact that it might have a built in low pass filter / connector that potentially could have a poor connection / dry joint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Again
Thanks for the videos. I am so glad that someone else has exactly the same problem because it now means that there is a common issue to be resolved by Peugout. My noise is also coming from the left hand side tweeter such as yours. I will send these videos to the dealer tomorrow and try and get a update of what they have carried out to date.

I am an electrical engineer and alternator whine, as this is called, most often comes from a loose or intermittent ground connection. This would help to explain on why a bump in the road or activating the central locking would start / stop the fault.

I have tried explaining this fact to the head technicians dealing with my car, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. I would love to get my hands on a wiring schematic that would show grounding points especially around the door / tweeter area or showing other power cables nearby.
If I was able to work on my car without affecting the warranty I would start at the Tweeter itself to ensure all connectors were firm / good. I would also replace the tweeter itself as a first step to eliminate the fact that it might have a built in low pass filter / connector that potentially could have a poor connection / dry joint.
Thanks again for your insight to the issue, it means a lot to me.

I could tell that you do have solid background knowledge by the logic behind the observation which has been echoed by the technician in Taiwan. A possible cause of the fault, which lay in a connector of the audio head unit seemed to be not firm enough, has been found yesterday through a series of closer inspections. The dealer is gonna have the car back to me and see if any improvement has been made. I’ll get back to you on that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Denmark with a 2020 Peugeot 208 which I have bought less than a month ago and I'm experiencing the same issue. The noise seem to be coming from the drivers side tweeter area. Looking forward to your comments after your car is delivered back to you. If not I will need to take it to the service :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks again for your insight to the issue, it means a lot to me.

I could tell that you do have solid background knowledge by the logic behind the observation which has been echoed by the technician in Taiwan. A possible cause of the fault, which lay in a connector of the audio head unit seemed to be not firm enough, has been found yesterday through a series of closer inspections. The dealer is gonna have the car back to me and see if any improvement has been made. I’ll get back to you on that.
Fantastic..A very likey cause..... Lets hope that resolves the issue. I have fed this back to the Dealership in Bristol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in Denmark with a 2020 Peugeot 208 which I have bought less than a month ago and I'm experiencing the same issue. The noise seem to be coming from the drivers side tweeter area. Looking forward to your comments after your car is delivered back to you. If not I will need to take it to the service :(
Hi hvorden gar det...
Interesting to hear that the fault has crossed models however not really surprising as it will use common components. theEye may hopefully have a possible resolution so lets watch this space.
PS Vhor bor du hen i Danmark ? I used to live in Holbaek. :>)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi hvorden gar det...
Interesting to hear that the fault has crossed models however not really surprising as it will use common components. theEye may hopefully have a possible resolution so lets watch this space.
PS Vhor bor du hen i Danmark ? I used to live in Holbaek. :>)
Hej! I'm not that good in Danish. I live in Copenhagen :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts