Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've 2019 model 3008 with Focal audio. Recently I've started to get interference noise from speakers when turning the steering wheel even slightly. The noise mainly comes from the passenger's side tweeter, but also couple times from the driver's side tweeter. They only occur while driving. The volume doesn't influence the interference noise. Noise is present around 70% times when driving.

Planning to take the car for the dealer, but I was wondering if anybody else had experienced the same issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I've 2019 model 3008 with Focal audio. Recently I've started to get interference noise from speakers when turning the steering wheel even slightly. The noise mainly comes from the passenger's side tweeter, but also couple times from the driver's side tweeter. They only occur while driving. The volume doesn't influence the interference noise. Noise is present around 70% times when driving.

Planning to take the car for the dealer, but I was wondering if anybody else had experienced the same issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I appreciate that this is a old post but I have just started to have the same problem this week. Did the dealership resolve the issue ?
My dealership say they have not heard of this problem before and I have had to book it in for 3 days so they can strip it down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

The problem hasn’t been fixed yet. There is no noise when the weather is cold (e.g. less than 5 degrees), so now I haven’t heard it for a while. Around last September the dealer changed the Focal amp, but that didn’t resolve the problem. I have had the noise couple of times after that, but I haven’t taken to dealer. I’m planning to take to the dealer once weather warms up and the noise becomes more frequent, so that they can better diagnose the problem.

Link to a video where you can hear the noise. Is it similar that yours? Attached video was also given to the dealer who also sent it apparently to Peugeot as well.

Let me know if the dealer is able to resolve your problem as this noise is really irritating.

- Sébastien

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Could it be interference from the Aircon system as this doesn't operate at temperatures of 4 degrees and below.

·
Administrator
2,682 Posts
Sounds a tricky one.

I had a terrible noise coming out of my speakers last week....my son had borrowed the car and tuned it to Radio 1....

Seriously, I think your right to get it sorted by the dealer.

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had a thrumming bass interference on FM, strangely not on DAB and USB but this was during the summer. I had to turn the bass right down to reduce the annoyance. Anyone else had the same?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

The problem hasn’t been fixed yet. There is no noise when the weather is cold (e.g. less than 5 degrees), so now I haven’t heard it for a while. Around last September the dealer changed the Focal amp, but that didn’t resolve the problem. I have had the noise couple of times after that, but I haven’t taken to dealer. I’m planning to take to the dealer once weather warms up and the noise becomes more frequent, so that they can better diagnose the problem.

Link to a video where you can hear the noise. Is it similar that yours? Attached video was also given to the dealer who also sent it apparently to Peugeot as well.

Let me know if the dealer is able to resolve your problem as this noise is really irritating.

- Sébastien
Hi Seb,

Thanks Seb for your prompt response and video. My issue is definately not temp specific but vibration specific. eg I can open a close door or central locking and it will stop. Therefore it must be a poor connection that is inducing engine noise which produces a whining or clicking sound. Its pitch will vary with engine speed. Most often alternator noise comes from a loose or intermittent ground connection. I was even wondering whether there was a high pass capacitor in line at the tweeter end that had a poor connection / dry joint that could cause this.
I would love to get hold of internal door diagram and speaker wiring guide to see if there is anything obvious.
Worringly the head engineer at my dealership has never heard of this issue before so it is booked in for a 3 day investigation at the end of March with horror stories of maybe stripping out the dash. I will try and post a video later in the week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts