Peugeot Forums banner

Interchangeable bits

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  meterman66 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm a Peugeot newbie that's just bought a 59 plate 1.6 Hdi 90 verve possibly SE (waiting for some help decoding my vin)

I'm requesting some info regarding upgrades.

Are there any seats from other models that have lumbar support and are maybe a bit firmer from a higher spec model (gti etc?) and are they a straight unbolt job??

Also what are the options regarding upgrade of audio equipment.

Can I just buy a touchscreen double din head unit/wiring loom adaptor/steering wheel controls patch lead and swap straight over?

Are the factory fit higher spec units a straight swap?

What will I lose from the existing display if I change to an aftermarket head unit?

Many thanks in advance.

CT

See less See more
#2 ·
the seats would be straight fit unless they are the electric seats then you need to wire them in or you might be lucky that the plugs are already installed in your car.

as for the head unit i removed mine and installed a alpine 925R dab unit with the steering controls as well as the interface box to have the text on the MFD
looks nice if i say so the only downside to this is that you need to buy the cable
and double did kit its not cheap but worth the work if you rather install a better radio.

if you go down the route of the cd player form a better spec car you need to have Peugeot diagbox to turn on the add on's and change the vin number on the new radio ect.

hope this helps

#5 · (Edited)
Head unit

Wow that looks really nice...

I think you have a different/newer model to as my heater controls are different.(2009 1.6 hdi verve)

Sadly I only have an Eonon E01GB has sat nav gps bluetooth etc

I'm also toying with the idea of a pioneer double din.

I don't have parking sensors but will at some point be looking to fit a reverse cam.

I know I'll need a steering wheel control interface but is there a lead required to make the factory display work?

If I take out my existing factory fit Peugeot head unit to plug in the Eonon unit for test purposes will I have to enter any code etc when I put the Peugeot unit back in?

Thanks

Col

#6 ·
I have always been a alpine guy, never really looked into the Pioneer units but am sure they would work the same as mine, with mine being the GT spec I have rear parking sensors I still have the display working but it does not have the beeping when your moving back no big issue as I did not want to play more for to keep that in the aftermarket head unit,

What I should also say with the connects 2 lead you still have access to the on-board menu controls via the radio stalk on the side something I wanted to keep, you can remove the Peugeot radio out as many times as you like as it's not going to lose the code as they are coded via vin number in the radio.

I will check what lead you need and reply tonight with more info :thumb:

#8 ·
Monty, what radio are you looking to install in yours?

As for the leads easy picked up from connects2, with mine being alpine it had a OEM display ready feature that's why mine shows the display on the MFD I remember seeing this in a car that give you the satnav readout on the Speedo display like left turn right turn ect so you did not need to look away from the screen did does not work with mine as I have the satnav.

I have sent connects2 a email to see what leads if any give out the display text on the OEM MFD this might be only alpine specific, soon as they email me back I will update with info

Meantime here is the link if anyone wants to check out

Connects2 Ltd

http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ManufacturerSearch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.