Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just something i have noticed over the years as i have had a number of different cars ranging from Nova GSI, Corsa GSI, Series 1 RST, VW Golf MK4 GTI turbo 20v.

One thing i seem to have noticed is that the intelligence of user seems to differ on the car!! For example when i had my Golf i wanted some info on a remap and all people seemed to want to do is tell me the best way to swap my engine for something bigger!!

Since being on this Pug forum i have learnt many tricks and little tips for my 307 in the past week than i ever did in years on the other forums.

So just a little thanks really to all that contribute.

Cheers :thumb:

G

·
I used to find that on some forums as well, i'd just get completely ridiculous answers that werent feasible!!

Cheers for the cheers :)

G

·
I ceased my paid membership of one club for 2 reasons.

Fisrt, I was fed up of weekly posts from new members asking how to fit V12 Jag/Merlin/McLaren engines to their 106. Apart from be blindingly pathetic questions, I am certain that none of those asking either genuinely intended or had the wherewithall to do such a conversion.

The end reason was snobbery. Now, I'm an ancient duffer and was driving when the likes of the 205 GTi were new. Back then they were good, but praise from the pundits was far from universal. This has been forgotton in the rose tinted mists of time, and the situation regularly arose where some spottiebum bought a 3 zillion mile rusty, shonky, smoky, loose and rattly pile of shite that was once a 205, that was so f****d that it drove nothin like new, but still felt able to display an aura of childish snobbery over something with the structural inegrity of a motorised dustbin. It was childish and pathetic, so off I went. And many did that year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems to be a common theme that everybody has come across, people getting stupid answers for simple questions. I don't have a great mechanical brain but can follow simple clear instructions. Sometimes all you want to know is "how to" and some dick always give you a smart arse answer!

I've learnt how to fix my non working horn, although havnt attempted it yet. How to clear my service indicator on the dash, and the next thing I'm going to try is the retrofit trip computer!

To be honest I wasn't a big fan of my 307 but this place has put a bit of faith in the 307 for me.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Wait to you have to cut the wire leading into the fusebox thats connected to your oil pressure sensor :lol: bloody thing was driving me mad with beeping and messages.:lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Wait to you have to cut the wire leading into the fusebox thats connected to your oil pressure sensor :lol: bloody thing was driving me mad with beeping and messages.:lol:
You lost me at the word "cut" betty!!

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
MattPug307 said:
You lost me at the word "cut" betty!!
Pair of wirecutters + sensor wire = no more oil pressure sensor at the minute.:D

Oil pressure sensor was throwing up Stop light , red oil can and oil pressure insufficient pressure message on screen,

can mean either oil pump gone(engine f*cked) , sensor gone or wire earthing out between sensor and fuse box,

if it was pump you`d know , so new sensor problem stayed,disconnected sensor problem still there so i cut the wire , no light today if it doesn`t comeback tomorrow i`ll put new wire down to sensor.

French electrics meets Irishman with wirecutters.;)

G

·
Or more properly, German electrics built to a Frenchmans design, with the odd Italian or Japanese relay or connector thrown into the pot. They never did get on, and things are no different now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.