Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have a berlingo 1.6hdi, and am getting oil pooling around the injectors. I have already done all the oil seals on the injectors, but am still having the problem.

Car was with a mechanic today who says the oil is coming out of the intake manifold ports that go straight down into the head. I don't understand how oil would be coming out of the intake manifold. I will concede that the O rings do look like they are in a state, but surely I would be getting air pissing out there instead of oil? and I cannot hear or see any air leakage.

I assume those intake ports between the injectors just go to a second set of valves? The mechanic seemed to be trying to tell me that they vented into the cam cover? Seems like an odd setup either way, and would appreciate some clarification on it before I get my hands dirty.

I have never seen a 16valve engine where the each inlet valve has its own intake port in the head, is this what is going on here, or is there some sort of recirculation system going on?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
There a sort of tube and there not fully sealed thus you get the oil leaking

I wouldn’t go too mental with then ive done mine time and time again and they always leak

Ive given up with them now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts