Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've installed a new gauge on my Peugeot 206 1.6-16v which I retrieved from a salvage yard, however other than the previous gauge it includes the indication of the oil temperature. The oil temperature gauge was standard on the threedoors sports trim (XS) version of the 1.6-16v TU5JP4 engine, but it didn't come standard on the more luxurious touring version XT. Thing is though, I want the oil temperature gauge working. :nod: Things I've done so far is activating the oil temperature in the built-in systems interface (BSI) at a local Peugeot agent and replaced the oil level sensor (1131.F7) into an oil level + oil temperature sensor (1131.G4). Still it refuses to work.

See attachments for the sensor I've replaced (red outline) and the way my gauges look like at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solution:
Through Peugeot206Club.nl I came into contact with the young man behind PSAmods.com. Within minutes, the job was done and the oiltemperature was displayed at the gauge. The problem was not so much the software activation, but there was no cable from the BSM to the BSI. Schematically there is (1) a cable from the sensor to the BSM (which is an interface / box in the engine compartment, where the fuses are located), then (2) a cable from the BSM to the BSI (which is an interface / box at the knees of the driver) and (3) a cable from the BSI to the unit. The second link was missing. Now the cable loom from the BSM to the BSI has been augmented and the gauge works perfectly! The merits are evident, as engine oil temperature is less quickly at temperature than water, you can treat the technique with a little more policy!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's possible, but since your car is brand new, you need to buy a new instrument panel (the whole counter) as one from a salvage yard will reset your mileage (or kilometerscounter) in an incorrect manner. A new one will cost you around EUR 300,- or approx. 250 quid. Then you will have to find a mechanic who is willing to augment your cable loom (he will need an electrical scheme) and you have to visit a local Peugeot dealership to activate the new function in the built-in system interface; BSI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the answer.
I look, if I find a used one.
You seem to be a "guru", so I ask you anoter question.
I have the "middle-size" display with the infos about radio and warnings like "door open". But on mine isn't shown the outside temperature. But I know there are cars witht that display, which can show temperature.
Is it possible, to enhance my disply? I know I need a sensore in the mirror, but what else do I need?
Or is ist possible to grad up to "big display",(board computer) , than I need the other display and also another wiper lever.
PS: I found answers to this question in a french forum:
forum-auto.com/les-clubs/section4/sujet363336-1190.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
long shot

This is a long shot given the age of the post but does anyone know which wire it is and the connection points, I have exactly the same challenge with my sons 54 plate 206 1.4 HDi

Thanks David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts