Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
As long as you can fashion stereo removal hooks (if you don't already have some?)
its really quite straight forward.
However! should in the unlikely event of you running into trouble, youtube has videos for pretty much any issue,which saves on waiting around for forum members to notice your problem and answer you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as you can fashion stereo removal hooks (if you don't already have some?)
its really quite straight forward.
However! should in the unlikely event of you running into trouble, youtube has videos for pretty much any issue,which saves on waiting around for forum members to notice your problem and answer you.

Thank you. I have already removed the factory fitted one. Do I need any extra adapters to install this pioneer cd player ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may possibly need an aerial adapter, for sure the wiring is ISO (industry standard) but on the existing factory unit, the aerial socket is welded onto the chassis, so you may need one of these :Halfords | Halfords Aerial Adaptor PC5-27 if its not in the new stereo box.
Thank you . I hardly use radio :) I mainly want buy this because of USB (and CD). So if I don't want radio , I can just connect rest of the connections without using any additional adapters ?

Don't want to spend more than £50 , I have got this as an option too Halfords | Pioneer DEH-150MP Car CD Player

as far as its just the matter of connecting wires without additional adapters

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'd just get the aerial adaptor and fit it for all the cost that it would be. I would doubt that the aerial is an amplified one so it would a couple of quid. You'll also need a stalk adaptor to get the steering wheel controls to work. Do remember to disconnect the battery in order to avoid any BSI issues

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
You may find that the stereo doesn't switch off straight away when you take the key out of the ignition. While the car uses standard ISO plugs to connect I've found that the wire that goes to the switched live on the head unit is actually switched by the BSI and doesn't power down until the BSI goes into sleep mode. I had to move the switched live wire to an adjacent pin location in the plug when I fitted an after market unit in my 04 reg 307.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm glad you said this! Having wired in many stereos and amps since I got my first car, I became quite perplexed when ( going by turning the ignition off) the stereo wouldn't turn off.

This of course led me to a worry of the little active sub speaker in the boot draining the battery while left overnight! So,the stereo turns itself off after a minute or two of the keys being out, then?

·
Registered
687 Posts
taking the live and power feed from a stalk adaptor should sort this, it would switch off the feed once the VAN signal stops

·
5,886 Posts
The other option I used for my parrot kit was to pick up switched supply from glove box light as that is next to radio and switched via key not bsi

·
Registered
70 Posts
So won't changing the red and yellow wires around do anything? Just I am about to buy a stereo and I'm rubbish with wires.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
So won't changing the red and yellow wires around do anything? Just I am about to buy a stereo and I'm rubbish with wires.
Sapping these around is only useful if the car loses the stored stations when powered down because the permanent live is actually connected to the switched live.

Peugeot (maybe others as well) supply a live controlled by the BSI so that the factory head unit can be switched on without the key in the ignition and also to stop the radio being switched on when in ECO mode. This BSI controlled live matches up with the radio switched live in some instances which has the effect of leaving the radio on and still playing even with the key out and the car locked up. When the BSI goes into 'sleep' mode the radio will get switched off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently had a Parrot phone system added to my car by Halfords. It was cheaper than buying a new stereo with the functions I wanted. In total it cost me £219 but that was for the top of the range one fully fitted by them. It has given me a sd card input, a usb input and an auxiliary input. Not to mention blue tooth connectivity. I can well recommend it.

Parrot MKi9200 Bluetooth Handsfree Kit V3

That's the one I had fitted. The price keeps changing though. Mine was £149 plus £49 for fitting and £10 for an iso adapter.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i had a bit of an odd situation when i bought a steering stalk wiring adapter for my trusty old jvc stereo, i'd had the stereo plumbed in for a while, working just dandy...
the i fitted this adapter so i could use the stalk controls and it worked fine Until i turned the car off..it now doesn't store the memory, which makes me think the permanent live is bypassed, but looking on the adapter loom...it seems there is a seperate cable to plug into the permanent live that does nothing in my case, if i wire it in..the stereo doesn't turn on.
Thinking i may have the wires messed up as some stereos swap red for yellow on permanent live, i tried that too, and it would light up for a second and that was all..Any Thoughts anyone?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts